Jones Beach | The Boneyard

Jones Beach

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anything I should know about getting there from CT that my GPS won’t cover?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anything I should know about getting there from CT that my GPS won’t cover?
Going to the Jimmy Buffet concert?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I went to a concert there about 10 years ago. I remember it being a really nice venue, but they also didn't allow alcohol sales in the arena so we had to get all of our fun in while tailgating. The people watching (It was a Styx/REO Speedwagon/Kansas concert) was incredible. A hippy dude bummed a beer off of me and pulled out a ziploc bag full of different colored pills and offered me one as payment. I refused, which is good because who the hell knows if I'd still be here if I took him up on that. Dude was whacked out of his mind.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I went to a concert there about 10 years ago. I remember it being a really nice venue, but they also didn't allow alcohol sales in the arena so we had to get all of our fun in while tailgating. The people watching (It was a Styx/REO Speedwagon/Kansas concert) was incredible. A hippy dude bummed a beer off of me and pulled out a ziploc bag full of different colored pills and offered me one as payment. I refused, which is good because who the hell knows if I'd still be here if I took him up on that. Dude was whacked out of his mind.
Thanks for sharing but the question was about GPS tips.

:cool:

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
I assume you're taking the Throgg's Neck Bridge. Your GPS will probably direct you to I-495E (LI Expressway). Recommend you go one exit further and take Grand Central Parkway/Northern State Parkway East instead (the name changes at the NYC line - you're right near the line & I don't remember which name is on the exit sign). From Northern State the 2 main routes to JB are the Meadowbrook Parkway and the Wantagh Parkway. I haven't been there in years (except by boat) but the Wantagh Parkway (further East) used to be the preferred route. Takes you right to the JB water tower which more or less the central JB location.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom