Jon Wholley, Joe Moorhead and Moxie | The Boneyard

Jon Wholley, Joe Moorhead and Moxie

Reaction Score

>>It began eight or nine years ago, when Moorhead was offensive coordinator at Connecticut. Fellow assistant coach Jon Wholley was given to tagging days of the week with themes: Moxie Monday, Title Tuesday, Winners Wednesday, Thorough Thursday and Finish Friday. One day, Wholley brought in a can, and things took off.

“I was half-joking, but it became a theme,” says Wholley, adding his take on the meaning: “It’s the ability to overcome difficult times with passion and courage – but it’s also just a cool word to say.”<<

Reaction Score
Quite possibly the nastiest canned refreshment ive ever ingested. Kid on our floor from Maine had brought some down .... there wasnt any amount of rum you could put in it to make it taste good.
Kid on our floor from Biddeford, Maine drank "Northeasters," made of Moxie and dark rum over ice. Without question, the greatest waste of rum since Prohibition! I think they were two to one in favor of the Moxie. Moxie was also a favorite of Alfred E. Neumann in Mad Magazine.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Quite possibly the nastiest canned refreshment ive ever ingested. Kid on our floor from Maine had brought some down .... there wasnt any amount of rum you could put in it to make it taste good.
You’ve obviously never tasted Dr Brown’s Celray. You would die for a Moxie.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
To me, it just tastes like a very flat Coca Cola that's been out in the sun or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom