John Wall is a class act. Completely exceeded my expectations. | The Boneyard

John Wall is a class act. Completely exceeded my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
http://deadspin.com/john-wall-collapses-in-tears-after-emotional-post-game-1668582392

Luke Russert @LukeRussert
John Wall playing for 6 yr old who passed from cancer yesterday, winning game, then breaking down in post game intv. My goodness. #Wizards

Stat Line:
44 MIN
10/17 FG
7 REB
17 AST !!!
26 PTS

On the court he has completely exceeded my expectations as a player. I remember half way through his rookie year he was shooting something like 32% from the field, was a volume shooter, wasn't passing the ball wizards were terrible. He has turned into a legit top 5, maybe 3, Point guard and the Wizards might be the best team in the east.

Reaction Score
Forget the stat line. I believe he was truly moved, and yes, I rooted very against him at one time, but I would consider him good people. I commend the interviewer for letting it go.

Reaction Score
very touching. wall is probably the one guy out of Squids teams i can say i'm a fan of. he's really matured throughout his career so far.

Reaction Score
Took him a couple of years to become a better player after his stopover with the Squid but since then he's matured in so many ways.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Or maybe judging people that you don't know and have never spoken to is just a silly way to determine whether or not they are good person.

Reaction Score
I've listened to Cowherd's show and can't believe he said that. Is it for sure? Because if he did he will issue an apology but I don't believe it.

Reaction Score
John Wall didn't like pass his rookie year? Lolwut. Dude avg 8.3 assists per game his rookie year...if anything he was forcing the pass too much.

Reaction Score
Can anyone clarify what cowherd said? I've heard him talk about john wall before saying he's to much about "me" and not enough about the team but I'm not sure if anything was said recently or regarding this little girl

Either way a very touching display by John wall, he's 1 of only a few players from UK that I root for

Reaction Score
"A man with a father would have given a better interview"

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean but I think that's what he said from reading the deadspin comments.

Reaction Score
I don't get the Cowherd is a dip$#it thing. Cowherd's show starts at 10am so he hadn't even been on the air yet when this thread was started. When he did air he praised Wall's character and maturation. He criticized him when he did the dougie for 30 seconds before his first NBA game and ever since there's been a stigma that he hates Wall.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
"A man with a father would have given a better interview"

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean but I think that's what he said from reading the deadspin comments.

What does that even mean!?

Reaction Score
Now that I'm reading further into it, that comment was probably from a while ago. There's no way he would have said that this morning.
cowherd is still a jackass though. denigrates players in the nba often, for no reason.

Reaction Score
I don't get the Cowherd is a dip$#it thing. Cowherd's show starts at 10am so he hadn't even been on the air yet when this thread was started. When he did air he praised Wall's character and maturation. He criticized him when he did the dougie for 30 seconds before his first NBA game and ever since there's been a stigma that he hates Wall.

That's a pretty drastic understatement. The first thing he said about him was that when he danced before the first game of the season he knew "everything he needed to know about him" - he's doubled, tripled, quadrupled down on his disparagement of the kid's character ever since.

Reaction Score
The john wall dance is one of my favorite dance moves. Despite UK I've been a fan since that was a thing.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
very touching. wall is probably the one guy out of Squids teams i can say i'm a fan of. he's really matured throughout his career so far.

Ever since I held my grandson in my arms I knew that baby was something special...
(Dribbles = john wall)

Reaction Score
Really showed how much of a big heart Jwall has not just on the court but about KIDS. When he was at Kentucky I wasn't so much a fan but knew what a player he was capable of being and the last couple of years he's showing why he was a one and done lottery pick. I'm not just a fan now I'm one of his biggest fan.

Reaction Score
Happy for the kid with how much he's progressed in his career. Not to mention, he looks A LOT like Kemba!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom