John Rothstein on UConn | The Boneyard

John Rothstein on UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now, take these with a grain of salt, but it's good to see something about practice.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350330720.051508.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350330745.552257.jpg

Reaction Score
I love the annual John Rothstein assessment, where every single player on every single team is going to be "a major contributor" and reminds him of an NBA player.

Reaction Score
He's very high on DeAndre, and he was high on him last year as well. I still think DeAndre's going to be good, there are recruiting misses every year but this is a kid who was committed to Texas, then some thought he would end up at UK, then either Duke or KU before he committed here. Wing/tweeners who have those kind of options aren't usually devoid of talent like some posters would like to make you believe is the case with DD. I believe with less competition and probably the option of playing a little more freely of being able to make a mistake without coming out of the game(I believe KO will be tough but nothing like JC) will lead to improved play from DD. I mean Roscoe was a top 30 recruit and outside of a handful of games he looked terrible for the most part last year as well. The SF position was a clusterf**k outside of JLamb.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I like his positive comments about everyone in sight. I would love to join the practices, despite my minimal basketball skills, so he could say something nice about me too.

Reaction Score
Wait he talks up DD to the point he is an NBA first rounder than when he has his starting lineup DD is nowhere to be seen. This guy is a joke! EW in the starting lineup? LOL! Maybe some backup minutes but that is about it. We need to win with speed and to have TO and EW starting together is not going to work.

Reaction Score
Wait he talks up DD to the point he is an NBA first rounder than when he has his starting lineup DD is nowhere to be seen. This guy is a joke! EW in the starting lineup? LOL! Maybe some backup minutes but that is about it. We need to win with speed and to have TO and EW starting together is not going to work.

Yea that didn't make much sense to me either, I don't see anyway Wolf starts this year, especially since KO is stressing that he wants to play fast.

H

Husk-E

Just because he likes Daniels doesn't mean he thinks Ollie will start him. I agree with what he is most likely thinking in that Daniels could be great but we haven't built enough trust in him to start him yet. The guy is pretty generous with his comments though...

Reaction Score
I think Rothstein wrote a preseason article last year after visiting practice. He said something along the lines of them being the most talented team in the country. We all know how that turned out.

Reaction Score
I think Rothstein wrote a preseason article last year after visiting practice. He said something along the lines of them being the most talented team in the country. We all know how that turned out.

Apart from Kentucky, they probably were the most talented team in the country

Reaction Score

He didn't say they were the most but one of, and really how is that different from anyone else who wrote about the team in the pre-season? After the additions of Drummond and Daniels all the media guys pretty much had UConn either 3rd or 4th.

Reaction Score
Very encouraging tweets. Let's hope Ollie wins and gets that extension.

Reaction Score
DeAndre Daniels is the "best NBA prospect?"
If true, that's bad news for our team, because most "NBA prospects" don't average 12 minutes a game in their freshman year.

U

UCONNfan1

I have no problem with his tweets. Says Nolan is a project and Evans is not an offensive threat based on what he saw. Said Shabazz is at 70%, but glowed about Wolf and Daniels. Well, we sort of know what we will get from Olander, Boat and Bazz. How nice would it be to see Wolf and Daniels actually live up to what this guy apparently saw?

Reaction Score
If what he predicted really is the starting lineup, I hope Wolf at the 5 is a token start, the way Olander was in 2011. I was hoping Ollie would shake Calhoun's size-a-philia and be willing to go with a more skilled, faster, smaller lineup.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
He's seeing pretty much the same things I've been seeing.

There's really a huge problem with the bigs this year (no pun intended). We all knew that, but seeing it is discouraging. I've grown used to offensive players struggling to finish near the hoop against UConn; this season UConn is going to be giving up low post offense in waves. That's why Wolf is getting starting pub, he's the only player on the team who can be a threat to stop an opposing low post game. If we play Olander at center, he'll be in continual foul trouble. Let's hope Nolan develops quickly.

Reaction Score
He writes like many people on the Yard. Some big conclusions after a couple of days of practice. Imagine him watching mix tapes and blogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom