John Anderson on ESPN: | The Boneyard

John Anderson on ESPN:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"And remember Fran, they're moving to the ACC, how does that move affect his job?"
Fran Fraschilla: "Well, they're not there yet."

Just tried to correct himself, but.....

Reaction Score
Was posted on another board (CSNbbs):

Holy crap! I don't know if John Anderson on Sportscenter knows something and it was a slip up when they lost the feed to Andy Katz, but they were discussing UConn's coach Jim Calhoun's retirement and he said when trying to fill the time left that the team was moving to the ACC. I think he got confused with the story of ND to the ACC to follow and said this (BUT what if he did know something that was going to be announced soon?) I'm guessing it was a screw up and he was confused, but I just had to mention it due to the disapproving look on Freddie Coleman's face!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Was posted on another board (CSNbbs):

Holy crap! I don't know if John Anderson on Sportscenter knows something and it was a slip up when they lost the feed to Andy Katz, but they were discussing UConn's coach Jim Calhoun's retirement and he said when trying to fill the time left that the team was moving to the ACC. I think he got confused with the story of ND to the ACC to follow and said this (BUT what if he did know something that was going to be announced soon?) I'm guessing it was a screw up and he was confused, but I just had to mention it due to the disapproving look on Freddie Coleman's face!

While it would be great if true, I would find it hard to believe that ESPN would have a staff meeting to let the anchors know of the UConn addition before anyone else knew!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Probably just an ESPN idiot messing with us, but..

Didn't Calhoun indicate at one point that he wanted to stick around until his program found a secure landing spot?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Didn't Calhoun indicate at one point that he wanted to stick around until his program found a secure landing spot?

That was his plan before he got the huge sponsorship deal with the training-wheel manufacturer!;)

Reaction Score
While it would be great if true, I would find it hard to believe that ESPN would have a staff meeting to let the anchors know of the UConn addition before anyone else knew!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess we have to wait for MHver3. ;)

Reaction Score
This morning Andy Katz did say he though UConn to the ACC made the most sense as a next move. Saw it myself.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario--and one that is highly unlikely:

Calhoun found out we were going to the ACC and then decided to step down.

That would be great.

That is also not happening.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

That would be great.

there have been a number of interesting things going on.

the clemson ad goes away and clemson b12 rumors stop and they vote yes to nd unlike others.
bc ad steps down
nd to acc
all of a sudden jc is out

a lot of funny guy stuff if u ask me.

-bc ad says uconn not on my watch
-jc says never to the acc

interesting stuff

Reaction Score
there have been a number of interesting things going on.

the clemson ad goes away and clemson b12 rumors stop and they vote yes to nd unlike others.
bc ad steps down
nd to acc
all of a sudden jc is out

a lot of funny guy stuff if u ask me.

-bc ad says uconn not on my watch
-jc says never to the acc

interesting stuff
I mean this sincerely. Your posts never fail to interest me with your optimism. I like reading that. I usually think they're wrong, but I never hope they are wrong, as I do with many posters. This post is exactly the same.

Reaction Score
3qvsz0.jpg

Reaction Score

That would be great.

Maybe it happened the other way around: Boeheim, K., Williams, Dixon, said "we'll take UConn but not if calhoun is still coach. We don't want the SOB beating the snot out of us."
So in a final selfless gesture, the old ball coach stepped aside to pave the way for the university to move to greener pastures.

Reaction Score
I mean this sincerely. Your posts never fail to interest me with your optimism. I like reading that. I usually think they're wrong, but I never hope they are wrong, as I do with many posters. This post is exactly the same.

Um....huh?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i try, what can i say. im a nice guy until i have a couple after a few. :D

Reaction Score
You don't think huskyfandan is usually overly optimistic, but ultimately wrong?

You can never be too optimistic and being right or wrong really doesn't matter to me. Passion and optimism is contageous and I love it.

Now if only he would get excited about CAPS.

Reaction Score
You can never be too optimistic and being right or wrong really doesn't matter to me. Passion and optimism is contageous and I love it.

Now if only he would get excited about CAPS.
I did say that, while I usually thought he was wrong, I never hoped he was wrong. If he were right, I would be happy, especially in this case.

Reaction Score
What happened is this: ESPN had a meeting and decided to add UConn to the ACC. The reporters were supposed to wait until ESPN worked Swofford over with promises to bump up the payout by $500k for each school. This is going to take a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom