John A. with a bit of trivia | The Boneyard

John A. with a bit of trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and according to ND's SID McGraw has now matched Pat Summitt's total wins against UConn at 9. Harry leads with 11.

Reaction Score
and according to ND's SID McGraw has now matched Pat Summitt's total wins against UConn at 9. Harry leads with 11.
Bogus comparisons. How many seasons did Pat Summitt play UConn 4 times? Or Harry, for that matter?

Reaction Score
Yes, 4. What's the puzzlement? For instance, in 2011-2012:

1) @ Notre Dame, regular season
2)@ UConn, regular season
3) Big East Tournament
4) NCAA Final Four

The two tournament games weren't "scheduled," but they might as well have been.
================================================================== (upon multiple edits)

OH, WAIT => ICEBEAR MISSED THE SETUP!

Ice, the point was those other Head Coaches never had the # of opportunities to play UConn in a season that Muffet McGraw has had the last couple years. If you don't play UConn so often, it's a lot harder to amass victories against them, capiche?

I maintain that this "record" is a bogus statistic, handpicked to highlight recent success, and ignoring previous failure on a grand scale.

Reaction Score
Color me puzzled, because I think the answer is zero.
We're talking past each other, each answering a different question.

My question was rhetorical - of course the answer is that it never happened before the McGraw Spring these last two years. I thought that was obvious, and it fuels my assertion that McGraw's "record" # of wins against UConn can't be compared to any other coach's record since McGraw, by dint of the bizarre balloon of 4 chances per year, walked into an unprecedented opportunity.

I did not read Icebear's "4?" as an answer, but rather his questioning my mentioning 4 in the post that began this misunderstanding.

I should have hired a lawyer and grammarian to proofread my posts in this thread to check for potential confusion.

Reaction Score
Bogus comparisons. How many seasons did Pat Summitt play UConn 4 times? Or Harry, for that matter?

WOW! Sensitive much. It was just a bit of trivia in a thread that was about trivia. Summitt never played UConn 4 times a year. That is known, not something you need to inform anyone of. She did have quite a few years of home and home which ND never did until a few years ago because the BE unbalanced schedule. Was in no way a comparison of coaches or teams it was a statement that should be read exactly the way it is written. Harry has 11, Muffit and Pat have 9. When and how many times they play wasn't in question. If I wanted to argue and insult UConn fans on THEIR board I'd join one of the numerous threads that have sunk into the ridiculous. Or I could just quote everything you've said over the off season about how bad ND was in comparison to UConn. I did neither. I simply added to your trivia thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom