John A. reporting both CD and KML are out tomorrow night | The Boneyard

John A. reporting both CD and KML are out tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ugh. The calf that was "fine" on Friday morning may not have been all that fine. Heal fast!

Or maybe Geno is trying to see how everyone else does without Kaleena??

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that the calf is still cause for [mild] concern to the staff, but good that we can afford to rest her, since it's just an exhibition. If it's still tight, she could risk further aggravating the calf itself and/or doing something else, like straining her achilles.

We'll get to see a little more of BBanks tomorrow night, methinks....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
poor caroline. i wonder if we'll ever really get to see her play again. i don't think i've ever seen a player go thru as many injuries, relapses, flare ups, new injuries, etc. as she has. as for KML i wonder if it's more like the hamstring of Lorin's junior year where she missed the first 10 games. better to be safe than sorry...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
poor caroline. i wonder if we'll ever really get to see her play again. i don't think i've ever seen a player go thru as many injuries, relapses, flare ups, new injuries, etc. as she has. as for KML i wonder if it's more like the hamstring of Lorin's junior year where she missed the first 10 games. better to be safe than sorry...
Do you really wonder that about Doty? And now Lewis could miss 10 games?
Here's a prediction. Both will be readyfor the first regular season game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do you really wonder that about Doty? And now Lewis could miss 10 games?
Here's a prediction. Both will be readyfor the first regular season game.
i have no idea. Caroline has gone thru one injury after another. she gets back ready to go and then her knee is sore. then she's ready to go and she rolls her ankle. is she out for another reason now? i know she's chomping at the bit. but if her body doesn't cooperate, not much we can do but wait for it to heal...

as for KML i have no idea. i remember Lorin was kept out last minute of games early last year with a hammy, then they decided to rest her for 10 games to let it heal. instead of quoting my question and asking if i really believed it, how about a more informative answer? i wasn't reporting that "she could miss 10 games", i was actually asking a pretty simple question.

do you know a lot about calf injuries? do you know if they are similar to hamstring pulls? do you know if it's a re-occurring thing if she's not rested enough? she was also injured in the McD AA game. is this the same injury? is it related? i have no idea hence my question.

Reaction Score
It's probably just better to let the players heal. Even if Doty and KML are 99 percet, better to let them sit than have them play. It's not like the team is going to lose. And if by some odd chance they do. It's not like it even matters.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno will start BBanks in Caroline's place since KML is also out...? I'm hoping that Banks gets lots of playing time--Geno wants her to get out there and show her stuff, and this would be a perfect opportunity.

Tiff
Bria
BBanks
Kelly
Stef

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Caroline is okay... John reported she was practicing today and is being held out just as a precaution. One of the Horde reported last week she would not play in either of the exhibition games. Nothing new here.

Why risk anything for an exhibition game? And it gives some of the other players a chance to step up.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i have no idea. Caroline has gone thru one injury after another. she gets back ready to go and then her knee is sore. then she's ready to go and she rolls her ankle. is she out for another reason now? i know she's chomping at the bit. but if her body doesn't cooperate, not much we can do but wait for it to heal...

as for KML i have no idea. i remember Lorin was kept out last minute of games early last year with a hammy, then they decided to rest her for 10 games to let it heal. instead of quoting my question and asking if i really believed it, how about a more informative answer? i wasn't reporting that "she could miss 10 games", i was actually asking a pretty simple question.

do you know a lot about calf injuries? do you know if they are similar to hamstring pulls? do you know if it's a re-occurring thing if she's not rested enough? she was also injured in the McD AA game. is this the same injury? is it related? i have no idea hence my question.

You always go to the extreme. You have no idea if Caroline will ever play again? Unbelievable.

It's all about severity. A calf can keep you out for a while, something 7-10 days. Hammies would appear to be worse.

But, I'm no expert.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both are not 100%. It's an exhibition game, so we don't need them. I expect both of them to play in the first regular season game.

We'll see more of Brianna tomorrow and get a sense of how things, including Tiff's senior assertiveness, go without Kaleena on the floor. My guess is that we score less without Kaleena but still win by 40+.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You always go to the extreme. You have no idea if Caroline will ever play again? Unbelievable.

It's all about severity. A calf can keep you out for a while, something 7-10 days. Hammies would appear to be worse.

But, I'm no expert.

DD, you know that Eric is always a glass half empty guy.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John A now tweeting that Banks is a game time decision tomorrow night. She twisted an ankle and recently had 4 wisdom teeth removed. It's a hospital ward!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wow, now BBanks with her own issues - having wisdom teeth removed is no fun, and it definitely takes a lot out of you for at least a day or two. Then the ankle. Hmmm - sounds like she could go if needed, but maybe he'll throw LE in there instead? Guess we'll see.

At least it's happening with the guards, where we have depth....!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm sure part of the consideration in holding the players out of tomorrow's game is that the first 2 games of the season are against relatively weak opponents (Holy Cross and Pacific) before facing Stanford in the 3rd game. Geno would never say that, of course, but Doty and KML and perhaps Banks will (hopefully) have a chance to play 2 games before the tough one on the 21st.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
John A now tweeting that Banks is a game time decision tomorrow night. She twisted an ankle and recently had 4 wisdom teeth removed. It's a hospital ward!
Having wisdom teeth removed before a game? Not wise! :rolleyes:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I have no idea. That being the case, post ends here.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Have to be careful with calf injuries, which can sometimes be like hamstring pulls. Mets fans (to the extent there are any left aside from me) will remember Jose Reyes' struggles last year with a calf injury. Part of the problem with Reyes may have been going too hard too soon. Keeping KML out sounds like the right call.

John A reports that per Geno Doty should be cleared for full practice on friday and to play on Sunday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“I am so ready to play,” Doty said. I can only imagine. Caroline has been waiting a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom