John A.: Impressions after day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Warning -- This NOT a game report.

LINK
-Pap - just wanted to thank you for taking all the time to flag all these links for us - its certainly one of the best parts of this board. I'd miss most articles otherwise, out here in the NJ hinterlands.

- Just added the following note to Mr. Altavilla's blog comments, which I otherwise would not have seen, so thanks once again!
"- Hats off to John Altavilla – and thanks to the Courant – for another terrific, fun update.
- Great to see the Courant’s continued strong commitment to us WCBB fans, providing such early season coverage at the V.I., particularly while other print media do not seem to have a presence.
- As a Husky fan, it’s easy to appreciate the widely varied strengths of each member of the generally-excellent UConn sports press “Horde” (e.g., some routinely reaching out to recruit’s H.S. coaches, parents, etc…). Nobody compares to Mr. Altavilla as our best “color commentator,” with his fun, easy going, train-of-thought observations on what makes our UConn WCBB unique.
- As other fans have noted, the obvious sacrifice and effort required to somehow keep this entertaining writing going when all our families were still recovering from Sandy has also been very much appreciated.
- Hope John enjoys his next umbrella drink while analyzing iguana team-defense for us. He’s earned it.
Arty155"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom