John A.: Geno praises Nurse | The Boneyard

John A.: Geno praises Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 20m 20 minutes ago
Geno Auriemma on @KayNurse11 "I am not surprised she had such a great game (22 points). She is one tough kid."

John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 17m 17 minutes ago
Geno on @KayNurse11 "Is she the same as some of the great freshman Gs we've had? None of them were that great as freshmen. They were good."

John Altavilla @jaltavilla · 18m 18 minutes ago
Geno: "But @KayNurse11 is going to have a lot of great moments this year. Is she way ahead of other kids coming out of HS? Yeah, she is."

Reaction Score
This young lady is going to be special. If she stays hungry, and I think she will, she is going to join the ranks among some of our really great players. I love her swag, a.k.a confidence.

Reaction Score
Nice to see she's earning herself a starting post.
Time to put this "who's gonna start" thing behind us.
Looking like Stew, KML, MoJett, Stokes, Nurse with Tuck revving it up off the bench. Still time for the others to make a statement, but ND is coming fast.

Reaction Score
Nice to see she's earning herself a starting post.
Time to put this "who's gonna start" thing behind us.
Looking like Stew, KML, MoJett, Stokes, Nurse with Tuck revving it up off the bench. Still time for the others to make a statement, but ND is coming fast.
Time to start arguing over who's going to start next year, you mean?

Reaction Score
It's obvious that, barring injury, Nurse and Williams are going to be big time contributors to this team over the course of their respective careers. Nurse is by far the more polished of the two right now, though Gabby may have even greater potential, which is saying a lot. Hard not to feel very badly for Courtney, who can ill afford to fall too far behind during her recovery...minutes are so fiercely competed for among this group. And it's getting even harder to see a significant role for Sadie emerge...only so much pt to go around.

Reaction Score
It's obvious that, barring injury, Nurse and Williams are going to be big time contributors to this team over the course of their respective careers. Nurse is by far the more polished of the two right now, though Gabby may have even greater potential, which is saying a lot. Hard not to feel very badly for Courtney, who can ill afford to fall too far behind during her recovery...minutes are so fiercely competed for among this group. And it's getting even harder to see a significant role for Sadie emerge...only so much pt to go around.

Gabby needs to be able to shoot the basketball and handle the ball away from the basket in which she can make good decisions other than throw up shots. Gabby does have an extreme high ceiling. But right now Nurse looks beastly good. She has a knack of making plays. IMO it will take a lot for Gabby to suprass Nurse. But 4 years is a long time so who knows.

Reaction Score
If the team is looking for a natural leader, they don't have to look very far. It's not easy for a Freshman to step into that role but I would bet that by midseason Kia will be the floor leader, if not sooner.

Reaction Score
I spent a lot of time watching Kia at the other end of the court today, and I think a bit of tempering of the superlatives regarding her defense would be appropriate. Certainly aggressive, but....

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I spent a lot of time watching Kia at the other end of the court today, and I think a bit of tempering of the superlatives regarding her defense would be appropriate. Certainly aggressive, but....
Disagree. She was hounding Janning in the 1st half and the girl could barely get a shot off.

Reaction Score
Ok... so who starts 3 years from now ?
Butler
Dangerfield
Nurse
Samuelson
Collier
Williams
Subtract one of the above except for Butler. (though it would be interesting to see those 5 play together without Butler). Now, it really gets difficult 8 years from now.

Reaction Score

Good point. Let's don't jump from Stokes being the DPOY to Nurse being the team leader in a couple of months. I love Nurse but let's allow the team to gel while having some fits and starts.

I saw a quote from Geno that said on the USA teams where Stewie and Tuck played together, Stewie was the star and Tuck was the captain! I believe Tuck may be the team leader by mid season.

Reaction Score
Ok... so who starts 3 years from now ?
Dangerfield (2), Nurse (4), KLS (3), Collier (3), Butler (4)

They'll also have Ekmark, Williams, Boykin and, if there's good in this world, Walker coming off the bench and be a damn good team. :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mo'ne!!

Not sure if she still plays football .... but if she enrolls at UCONN.. perhaps she could be the first female athlete to play College basketball and College football :p

Reaction Score
Not sure if she still plays football .... but if she enrolls at UCONN.. perhaps she could be the first female athlete to play College basketball and College football :p
She plays baseball, soccer and basketball. But I'm not sayin' she wouldn't make the UCONN footbLl team :eek:

Reaction Score

BigP: Perfect! Point by point. (Up to the part about Sadie....not ready to write her off .....hasn't really had a chance in games to show anything. Some of the guys liked her in the scrimmage, too._)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom