John A.: Abrosimova and the sarcastic coach | The Boneyard

John A.: Abrosimova and the sarcastic coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“He would scream at me for not setting a pick, and I would pretend that I don’t understand and don’t speak English while making Dean’s list in school."

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One of my favorites. She could do everything.

Reaction Score
She was definitely one of my all time favorites....
watching the sue bird legacy special, there was mention of possible 'jealousy' things shanking up when DT arrived as a freshman. given the very very physical, chippy, physical play overseas between DT and svet.... did anyone think during sues show that the bitterness was svet re: dt

(if any of that makes sense haha)

Reaction Score
Me and Geno's mom are on the same page here....Svet is my all-time favorite player as indicated by my avatar. She had to overcome the language barrier, at a relatively young age, to make herself successful at CT. I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sveta was my dear, departed dad's all-time favorite. He never did learn how to pronounce her surname... Around our house she was known as "that Russian kid".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sveta of the mischievous smile! She had moves around the basket that left you saying: I did not see that! Oh, and yes, a calculating, cold blooded killer. She was in good company.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Definitely my first 'All Time Favorite' player and still at the top. Amazing player to watch.

Reaction Score
Svet spoke with the same broken English my mother did. It brought back fond memories of my mater. I so enjoyed watching her play. She couldn't believe her name was hanging on that 'wall of fame' of All Americans in Gampel Pavilion.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"And P.S., I can not wait to have him come to Russia and visit Siberia. It’s not too bad after all.”

LOL!!!!

T

TroyHouse66

Svet:
<<He would scream... I would pretend that I don’t understand and don’t speak English ....>>

Maybe he was yelling at you in Eye-talian?
[I understand he swears in Italian... sometimes.]

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Definitely my first 'All Time Favorite' player and still at the top. Amazing player to watch.

For me, it starts with Maya Moore, but Svet was like a video game. Sadly, in her senior season, she played like an alien before getting hurt. She pushed the ball up the floor like a guard and could shoot like one, but had the size of a medium-sized post. In short, she was more than a decade ahead of her time. And she's beautiful on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom