Joey Chestnut - Hotdogs | The Boneyard

Joey Chestnut - Hotdogs

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He broke his own world record eating 76 hotdogs and buns in 10 minutes....

WTF - how is that possible?

Makes that steak challenge we all followed for weeks look simple.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chestnut is Michael Jordan riding Secretariat with Serena Williams and Simone Biles on each shoulder.

I love how he eats hot dogs without mustard just to stick it to the food fetishists on the Boneyard.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is he allowed to purge afterward?

Reaction Score
Funny/sad story, when I was young and living in the city my brother could've gotten us a weekend pass to hang out with the athletes all 4th weekend, train with them, and celebrate in their glory. We decided to go to some bars and overslept everything. That was the year Chestnut overthrew Kobayashi.

A lifetime later and Joey Chestnut is one of the most decorated athletes in history he still has no idea who I am. That was my one true brush with greatness and I blew it.

Reaction Score
When the contest is over... Why not?
They can, it rules say that they can’t puke during or immediately after.

Buddy of mine yesterday said that it looked easy and could easily crush 10 in 10 minutes. We all gambled. On it, he finished 7 & concluded that these guys are athletes.

Reaction Score
They can, it rules say that they can’t puke during or immediately after.

Buddy of mine yesterday said that it looked easy and could easily crush 10 in 10 minutes. We all gambled. On it, he finished 7 & concluded that these guys are athletes.
I wonder if immediately after, has a time limit, or is subject to interpretation, or if there are codified interpretations? Is one minute later deemed a violation of the rules? 30 seconds later?

What about a contestant sneaking into his van with tinted windows and doing it? Will the referee follow the contestant to try to observe ?

Seems like a gross sport, no matter the rules IMO. Too many really hungry people who could use those hotdogs.

Excerpt from Wikpedia:

Spectators watch and cheer the eaters on from close proximity. A designated scorekeeper is paired with each contestant, flipping a number board (since 2020, adjusting the digital board) counting each hot dog consumed. Partially eaten hot dogs count and the granularity of measurement is eighths of a length. Hot dogs still in the mouth at the end of regulation count if they are subsequently swallowed. Yellow penalty cards can be issued for "messy eating,"[1] and red penalty cards can be issued for "reversal of fortune", which results in disqualification.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In the spirit of the Missed Concert Opportunity thread . . .
Funny/sad story, when I was young and living in the city my brother could've gotten us a weekend pass to hang out with the athletes all 4th weekend, train with them, and celebrate in their glory. We decided to go to some bars and overslept everything. That was the year Chestnut overthrew Kobayashi.

A lifetime later and Joey Chestnut is one of the most decorated athletes in history he still has no idea who I am. That was my one true brush with greatness and I blew it.
Maybe even "The Chestnuts" - Joey, Cyrus, Morris, and Vic (who defiantly spelled his name with an extra t, and was the first to die)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who owns the foot-long record?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes.

One guy eating 76 hot dogs has doomed us.
Actually he’s probably doing us all a favor since there’s less for the rest of us. “Joey Chestnut saving us all one soggy hotdog bun at a time.”

Reaction Score
I dont think I will ever understand how something like that is physically possible…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom