OT- Joe Paterno is dying | The Boneyard

OT- Joe Paterno is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
He did a bunch of really great things and apparently enabled a reprehensible thing. We are often measured by the best and worst things we've done, but most of our lives are lived somewhere in the middle. And in the middle was pretty damn solid for JoePa. I can't overlook the worst thing, but he was a terrific mentor to a lot of young men and a vocal supporter of clean and fair play in college sports. I really hope those things aren't overlooked when people remember him because they were a really important component of who he was and really important, period.

Reaction Score
This is sad. This will also take other Penn State officials off the hook.
They will claim that Paterno did not give them the details.

Reaction Score
This is sad. This will also take other Penn State officials off the hook.
They will claim that Paterno did not give them the details.

The family spokeperson said he is in "serious condition".

Sad for so, so many reasons.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A life of a thousand atta' boys and just one aw . Not knowing what really went on, I think I'll focus on the atta' boys.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is more to the story than has presently been told. Joe will come off better looking in the end than many have painted him to be.

Blessings to JoePA and his family and prayers for all of them in Joe's struggle.

Reaction Score
Joe has done so much good during his life. He had a BIG hiccup in life but this should not define or overshadow all the good this man has done. Regardless of all the negativity, this is a fellow human being who is losing his life.

Here's to you Joe and to anyone else who is losing their battle! God Bless

Reaction Score
I didn't think he'd live much longer after being fired, cancer or not. His age, and stress and sadness of not having the job he held most of his life would be enough to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom