Joe Moorhead | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll take better players for $200 and going with what works.

The PSU offense is a decent OL, a superior running back, a good trigger man and giant receivers.

The gameplan is run the ball and throw the bomb. A team with decent DB's would beat them. They would kill us worse that Cuse did.

Its not a repeatable scheme nor one that would work here. The QB throws a very accurate deep ball. When did we ever have one of those?

Reaction Score

The PSU offense is a decent OL, a superior running back, a good trigger man and giant receivers.

The gameplan is run the ball and throw the bomb. A team with decent DB's would beat them. They would kill us worse that Cuse did.

Its not a repeatable scheme nor one that would work here. The QB throws a very accurate deep ball. When did we ever have one of those?

You do realize this offense has worked very well at Fordham for the past 5 years or so, right? Sometimes using kids who transferred out of UConn?

I think your opinion of this offense has been colored by Saturday's game, where PSU essentially did to Wisky what Syracuse did to us. I think any sane coach in America would take 40 yard chunk plays if they knew they could get them at will.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You do realize this offense has worked very well at Fordham for the past 5 years or so, right? Sometimes using kids who transferred out of UConn?

I think your opinion of this offense has been colored by Saturday's game, where PSU essentially did to Wisky what Syracuse did to us. I think any sane coach in America would take 40 yard chunk plays if they knew they could get them at will.

I've watched a lot of their games. Throwing it up to their giant tight end and two very good receivers isn't a game plan most schools can execute. Their QB is very, very accurate down field. Don't see a ton of guys waiting on a lob, and his comeback passes look deliberate. He also knows when to run and when to pass.

Not saying we shouldn't try it, but if it were so easy everyone would be doing it.

Reaction Score

They are also playing against better players. That's pretty much a wash.

Edsall handcuffed him and Diaco demoted him. Neither ran a run/pass option in their lives.

Reaction Score
I've watched a lot of their games. Throwing it up to their giant tight end and two very good receivers isn't a game plan most schools can execute. Their QB is very, very accurate down field. Don't see a ton of guys waiting on a lob, and his comeback passes look deliberate. He also knows when to run and when to pass.

Not saying we shouldn't try it, but if it were so easy everyone would be doing it.

I agree the QB being accurate down the field makes the offense work, but I think that if we get the right pieces it can work here. No reason we can't do that on the rest of the AAC. It's not like Rutgers trying to do that one the rest of the big10.

McSorley had a 79 rating on ESPN. We have gotten QBs with that rating previously (Lagow and Boyle off the top of my head). We just have to pick the right ones.

Football Recruiting - Trace McSorley - Player Profiles - ESPN

Reaction Score
I agree the QB being accurate down the field makes the offense work, but I think that if we get the right pieces it can work here. No reason we can't do that on the rest of the AAC. It's not like Rutgers trying to do that one the rest of the big10.

McSorley had a 79 rating on ESPN. We have gotten QBs with that rating previously (Lagow and Boyle off the top of my head). We just have to pick the right ones.

Football Recruiting - Trace McSorley - Player Profiles - ESPN

McSorley was not an under the radar recruit as he was rated the 14th dual threat QB in the his class. He had offers from BC, UNC, Penn St., Purdue, VT, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt as well as a bunch of G5 schools. UConn needs to target guys like this and hopefully, we can get one on occasion.

Reaction Score

We haven't thrown down field, let alone accurately. Hard to be proficient at something you don't do or practice.

Reaction Score
What if we followed the same approach and hired Fordham's Head Coach, Andrew Breiner as our OC. He's worked here before and knows Moorehead's winning system.
The thought is okay But . .. over the long run, how would Breiner do in program development/rebuild as well as recruiting.. at this point, pretty much an unknown.IMO, want a longer track record as HC .
1)Moorhead built the program as they went 1 & 11 the year prior to his arrival.
2) Breiner is using Joe's players.
Would want to see a longer track record recruiting as well .....

Reaction Score

Adding more to Subba.... watching Fordham for 5 years revealed that JM fit the offense to the players.... not the other way around.
Whatever was needed to score points, and win....he did....The guy made Fordham football exciting. ....
I believe the Mara family donated to the program to aid in additional seating to fit the added ticket demand.

Reaction Score

100% agree. Remember, Diaco was a Broyles award recipient with all those 5* ND players. How does UConn's defense look? Top 10? Remember Spurrier at Florida? He had the best players so he won...imagine that! The Old Ball Coach did not do so well in the pros where the talent is more even.

Reaction Score
Spurrier was so full of himself that he didn't even watch game film of UConn for the Pappa John Bowl, nor make any coaching adjustments during the game. South Carolina didn't even cross the 50 yard line until the 3rd quarter ( I think).

Reaction Score
Spurrier was so full of himself that he didn't even watch game film of UConn for the Pappa John Bowl, nor make any coaching adjustments during the game. South Carolina didn't even cross the 50 yard line until the 3rd quarter ( I think).

We overwhelmed USC in Birmingham because we treated the game like it was the Rose Bowl and they had a roster full of players who could have cared less about playing us and didn't want to do it in Winter. That takes nothing away from how easily we manhandles them that day, but to think it reflects on Spurrier's technical ability to coach is silly.

Reaction Score
We overwhelmed USC in Birmingham because we treated the game like it was the Rose Bowl and they had a roster full of players who could have cared less about playing us and didn't want to do it in Winter. That takes nothing away from how easily we manhandles them that day, but to think it reflects on Spurrier's technical ability to coach is silly.

So call me silly, I don't care what that team or Spurrier thought. I enjoyed that game immensely, except for the COLD, and seeing the USC fans at breakfast the next am. They were very nice, before and after the game, shell shocked I think.

Reaction Score
100% agree. Remember, Diaco was a Broyles award recipient with all those 5* ND players. How does UConn's defense look? Top 10? Remember Spurrier at Florida? He had the best players so he won...imagine that! The Old Ball Coach did not do so well in the pros where the talent is more even.

So call me silly, I don't care what that team or Spurrier thought. I enjoyed that game immensely, except for the COLD, and seeing the USC fans at breakfast the next am. They were very nice, before and after the game, shell shocked I think.
Fun trip probably most dominating bowl game performance Of Edsall's career at UConn. My most memorable Moment of that game: a young USC east fan asking my wife "Ma'am where exactly is Connecticut located"...she asked him if he ever had geography in school.

Reaction Score
Fun trip probably most dominating bowl game performance Of Edsall's career at UConn. My most memorable Moment of that game: a young USC east fan asking my wife "Ma'am where exactly is Connecticut located"...she asked him if he ever had geography in school.

I went to school in North Carolina....got that question all the time. I would just say, next to New York and their eyes would light up. A staff member thought Connecticut was part of the Midwest. I wish I could say I was kidding about that.

Reaction Score
A staff member thought Connecticut was part of the Midwest. I wish I could say I was kidding about that.
Don't laugh at him. He's actually correct.

"The Connecticut Western Reserve was a portion of land claimed by the state of Connecticut in what is now mostly part of the U.S. state of Ohio."

IMG_3429.PNG

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't laugh at him. He's actually correct.

"The Connecticut Western Reserve was a portion of land claimed by the state of Connecticut in what is now mostly part of the U.S. state of Ohio."

View attachment 17396

We need to reassert this claim. We'd be contiguous for the B1G and would improve our recruiting ground for sure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We need to reassert this claim. We'd be contiguous for the B1G and would improve our recruiting ground for sure.
We can't. We gave Ohio the rights to that land in exchange for a perpetual annual payment (some ridiculously small number, like $25 every January).

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We can't. We gave Ohio the rights to that land in exchange for a perpetual annual payment (some ridiculously small number, like $25 every January).

Maybe Ohio will forget about their payment in January and default on the deal. We can reclaim the land because of their default, and then sell it back to them for a $5MM lump sum payment--with the check made payable to : "The Bob Diaco Buyout Fund"

We may have found our only way out for 2017! Great job Boneyard! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul