Joe Moorhead will be the next head coach at Mississippi State | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead will be the next head coach at Mississippi State

Reaction Score
I can’t believe that is the job he was waiting on
I thought he was the next big coordinator or two before the season started
I know they are SEC but still

Reaction Score
I guess he thought no Northeast/Midwest jobs would open up. Good luck to him competing in the toughest division in college football, but I think he is an odd fit for Miss St.

Reaction Score
I guess he thought no Northeast/Midwest jobs would open up. Good luck to him competing in the toughest division in college football, but I think he is an odd fit for Miss St.

Clearly a weird fit. It's really hard to turn down all that coin. Whoever replaces Frost is going to set themselves up for a primo job in 2 years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know nothing of Miss St but from the article Medic posted, it sound like they have a solid QB/RB combo in place for him to be able to quickly implement his system and have success. I bet that played a role into him deciding which job he’d take. He needs players for a spread offense and Miss St has that supposedly. Add that to it being a SEC job and it’s a no brainer.

Good for him. Hope he’s as successful there as he was at Fordham and PSU

Reaction Score
Good for him. Weird fit or not, he's earned it in my eyes. I'll be curious to catch a couple games next year on too of UCONN

Reaction Score
People thought Mullen was gonna be a weird fit too...

Mullen was OC at Florida for 4 years before he got the Miss St job. He had experience in the SEC.

Miss St has won one SEC championship and they have had one coach, Dan Mullen, with an over 0.500 winning percentage since 1955. This is a very, very tough job.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Joe will be fine he will surround himself with good men like himself

Reaction Score
Mullen was OC at Florida for 4 years before he got the Miss St job. He had experience in the SEC.

Miss St has won one SEC championship and they have had one coach, Dan Mullen, with an over 0.500 winning percentage since 1955. This is a very, very tough job.
Good coaches win anywhere. Mike Leach at Washington State was kind of weird. Wisconsin was Indiana before Barry Alvarez. Bill Snyder made Kansas State. Programs slide backwards when they hire fools like Bob Diaco and Greg Robinson. I never buy the tough job talk.

Reaction Score
He is a great coach. The key, as others have said, is getting people on staff who have ties to recruiting hotbeds in the area.

Reaction Score
Joe will be fine he will surround himself with good men like himself

In the SEC, you ain't trying if you ain't cheatin. If you ranked the SEC West programs, it would be:

1) Alabama
2) LSU
3) Auburn
4) Texas A&M
5) Arkansas
6) Ole Miss
7) Miss St

Good luck to Joe, but I think he will struggle.

Reaction Score
But, win or lose a Mississippi State eventually gets the chance to get the heck out of *#@& Starkville. Worked for Mullen, but outside of a boatload of dinero it's challenging to imagine agreeing to live in such an aptly named town. Like Mullen, Moorhead will get other opportunities if he's fairly successful at MS State.

Reaction Score
I think they mean Joe was interested when we hired Diaco instead.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not going to beat the top SEC teams in recruiting or anywhere else.

Joe did less with more at PSU following the sanctions. That exactly what a program like MSU needs. Be a little different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom