Joe Moorhead watch | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Penn State's up 48-24 in the 4th quarter. This marks the 5th time in 8 games they've scored 30+, and they've scored 20+ in 7 of 8 (including last week's 24-21 win over Ohio State).

There are other guys who I'm sure would be cheaper hires, and some of them (TJ) would probably do a good job. But this guy, given the fact that he's run a program before -- and turned that program around in one year -- and has deep recruiting ties in the area, and has been part of UConn football when that statement wasn't a punchline.... to me, this is the guy we need to go after.

Buy out Diaco and bring in a guy who can walk along the sideline without tripping on his own d**k.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why would he leave Penn State and come to UConn? That doesn't make much sense.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
LOL if you think UConn can afford what he will want.

Reaction Score
Why would he leave Penn State and come to UConn? That doesn't make much sense.
Okay, I'll bite:
1. UConn ties
2. Wants to run his own program at the FBS level.
3. Natural progression in his professional resume

For the record, I don't think that we'll ever see him patrolling the UConn home sidelines as he has no ties to Benedict. He is a viable candidate however.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Morehead is a Michigan loss from controlling his destiny for the Big Ten East and will be better next season. He'll be able to write his ticket to a P5 job if he wants it.

You have to look at guys like Charlie Strong or look at another unknown you think might be a good coach. BD wasn't head coach material.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'll bite:
1. UConn ties

For the record, I don't think that we'll ever see him patrolling the UConn home sidelines as he has no ties to Benedict. He is a viable candidate however.

Agree w/ all points raised. I don't see him here (yet) but to your point about functionality/viability as an OC - Penn State's offense is exceeding even the highest of expectations under Joe Moorhead.

Reaction Score
Penn State's up 48-24 in the 4th quarter. This marks the 5th time in 8 games they've scored 30+, and they've scored 20+ in 7 of 8 (including last week's 24-21 win over Ohio State).

There are other guys who I'm sure would be cheaper hires, and some of them (TJ) would probably do a good job. But this guy, given the fact that he's run a program before -- and turned that program around in one year -- and has deep recruiting ties in the area, and has been part of UConn football when that statement wasn't a punchline.... to me, this is the guy we need to go after.

Buy out Diaco and bring in a guy who can walk along the sideline without tripping on his own d**k.
Implying Diaco's gentiles hang lower than do his wife's

Reaction Score
Diaco is back next year unless any of you have 5 million to spare

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
There is no way that Moorhead is leaving Penn State to come here. Too expensive to fire Diaco. Benedict needs to force Diaco to overhaul his staff and tell him to stay out of the way. He can be the head cheerleader.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'll bite:
1. UConn ties

OC at Penn State to HC at UConn is at best a lateral move....doesn't make any sense

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
OC at Penn State to HC at UConn is at best a lateral move....doesn't make any sense

Really so being head coach at UConn isn't a move up from and offensive coordinator at PSU? That's right you not really a UConn football fan but a royal pita

Reaction Score
He's not coming here. This program is in very bad shape right now. We're going to be looking at coordinators from G5 schools and low level P5 programs or FCS level head coaches to take over when that wonderful moment comes when the school replaces Diaco. Uconn football will continue to be viewed as damaged goods until someone can come in and straighten this program out.

Reaction Score
He's not coming here. This program is in very bad shape right now. We're going to be looking at coordinators from G5 schools and low level P5 programs or FCS level head coaches to take over when that wonderful moment comes when the school replaces Diaco. Uconn football will continue to be viewed as damaged goods until someone can come in and straighten this program out.
True at the moment UCONN is a dumpster fire that top tier canditates avoid look at Pat Narduzzi he passed us up so we had to settle for diaco

Reaction Score
True at the moment UCONN is a dumpster fire that top tier canditates avoid look at Pat Narduzzi he passed us up so we had to settle for diaco
Settle? Diaco was one of the highest-rated coordinators in the country and won the Broyles Award the year before Narduzzi did. Yes, it appears Diaco is destined to be a career coordinator, but claiming we settled for him is rewriting history. Narduzzi hasn't exactly lit up the world at Pitt either.

Reaction Score
Settle? Diaco was one of the highest-rated coordinators in the country and won the Broyles Award the year before Narduzzi did. Yes, it appears Diaco is destined to be a career coordinator, but claiming we settled for him is rewriting history. Narduzzi hasn't exactly lit up the world at Pitt either.
Maybe settle is the wrong choice of words but what I was trying to convey is that top tier candidates are likely to pass this job up and that just settling on the next guy will continue the revolving door of bad coaches

Reaction Score
Morehead is a Michigan loss from controlling his destiny for the Big Ten East and will be better next season. He'll be able to write his ticket to a P5 job if he wants it.
He could go from OC to a middling or lower P5 job like Purdue or NC State or something. But if he comes here for 3 years and does what he did at Fordham, he'll get his pick of legit, top tier P5 jobs -- just like Herman has after a couple of good years with Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom