Joe Marrone has passed | The Boneyard

Joe Marrone has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My first memory of a UCONN sporting event was as a little kid...I think I was around 5 and my dad took me to a UCONN soccer game. I saw Morrone absolutely destroy a clipboard. I found it pretty amusing, and continued to chuckle over the years as many more clipboards suffered the same fate.

Reaction Score
Man oh man, folks we all grew up knowing are leaving here left and right.. RIP to cuz Jim Murray "Junior" (from Norwalk CT) as well.. He and Coach Marrone are probably meeting at the pearly gates as I type this... woulda been 79 as well this coming November.. Korean War vet...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very sad news, Big Joe did quite a bit for UConn back when the bulk of the country didn't know who we were.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very sad. He gave us some fantastic memories, and lived a great life. RIP.

Reaction Score
My old man played for him when he was the assistant lacrosse coach, and has nothing but great things to say about him to this day.

Reaction Score
I did not know he was a 3 sports star at UMass (soccer, hockey, lax) and was in the Coast Guard. One heck of a run. Thanks.

My HS team won the Class LL soccer title in '88, which was played at the Connecticut Soccer Stadium. I was just a freshman, so spent the game on the bench (all well) and Coach ad some of the team stopped by for a few minutes to watch. Fist time I saw him and that national title was still very fresh. Met him a few times while I was at UConn as a few soccer players lived on my floor in Alumni.

Reaction Score
A very sad day.

Coach Morrone paved the way for all of us to be thinking Nationally. He set a Tone for a LEVEL of Excellence that could be achieved.
then furthered to a Higher level by the incomparable Jim Calhoun (UCONN - it's doable), Geno and most recently Nancy Stevens.

Reaction Score
Please show up to Morrone Stadium this Saturday 9/19/15 for
UCONN vs Rhode Island @ 7pm to show support and respect to Coach Morrone and the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom