Joe D'Ambrosio to do play-by-play for St. Joseph's on WTIC | The Boneyard

Joe D'Ambrosio to do play-by-play for St. Joseph's on WTIC

Reaction Score
There is enough fan interest to broadcast games on TIC for St. Joe’s? Why? Is it Calhoun? Is it fans can’t get enough Joe D? 1080 with their programming is already a black hole that couldn’t be worse.....I thought until this. Who broadcasts Central or UHart which are better state hoop programs?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I think a lot of people are intrigued by the storyline of Hall of Famer Jim Calhoun coming out of coaching retirement to helm a Division III start up basketball program. At face value it may not seem like much but there is something fascinating about this whole thing. Time will tell, but I am among those intrigued. I assume WTIC already has advertisers on board for this. As far as other programming, I like Jim Vicevich, Ray Dunaway, Clark Howard- and Todd Feinberg not quite as much. Buckley Radio carries Hartford Hawks basketball with Jeff Dooley on play-by-play, last I knew anyway.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
There is enough fan interest to broadcast games on TIC for St. Joe’s? Why? Is it Calhoun? Is it fans can’t get enough Joe D? 1080 with their programming is already a black hole that couldn’t be worse.....I thought until this. Who broadcasts Central or UHart which are better state hoop programs?

Central’s been on WPOP for years. Used to listen to Hartford (with KC Jones doing the color!) on 1360 but the games weren’t broadcast there last year.

Reaction Score
Reminder: Joe D will also being calling UConn hockey and baseball games on Fox61

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Central actually doesn’t have a radio deal anymore. Things are going really well there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Central’s been on WPOP for years. Used to listen to Hartford (with KC Jones doing the color!) on 1360 but the games weren’t broadcast there last year.

Central has been off POP for at least one season - think it’s two. Home games and conf road games are on NEC TV, non-conf road games are whatever is available.

Reaction Score
This is all about Calhoun being the coach, I’m sure everybody gets that. I can’t wait for a Calhoun cursing tirade to come across on the radio. I can remember hearing him over a full house at the XL. Garunteed JC will be apologizing to the nuns at some point this season. LOL

C

Chief00

This is all about Calhoun being the coach, I’m sure everybody gets that. I can’t wait for a Calhoun cursing tirade to come across on the radio. I can remember hearing him over a full house at the XL. Garunteed JC will be apologizing to the nuns at some point this season. LOL

He will kill me for saying this but at some point we all mellow with age. If he hears about this post, he will definitely do as you say just to prove Chief wrong.

Reaction Score
It’s hard not to be in the spotlight as some of his friends and contemporaries still are though i certainly don’t doubt his desire to coach, and TIC is a scum right wing cesspool IMO. Joe D did games that counted and mattered and now this. I guess it’s better than being a Walmart greeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom