Joe D and Gresh (2/24) UConn AD David Benedict: Part 1 and Part 2 | The Boneyard

Joe D and Gresh (2/24) UConn AD David Benedict: Part 1 and Part 2

Reaction Score
Heard it live - good listen.

ADD was on for an hour or so (reality was 1/2 that after all the commercials/traffic). No Gresh either so it's a bonus.

Had to be someone from BY who called w/ the lacrosse question. Almost verbatim from a previous post on here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well that's good news.

Can they find someone who actually cares about UConn sports to take his place? I don't think its a tall order and you would think the flagship station for UConn Sports and news in the state of CT would know to do that, but I'm not holding my breath.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What? We celebrate demotions now?

We need someone to focus on local sports that actually cares about Uconn sports. And no, JD doesn't count.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Someone more in tune with UConn would be nice and who has an understanding of the inner workings of all things UConn.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Someone more in tune with UConn would be nice and who has an understanding of the inner workings of all things UConn.

There's got to be a former UConn athlete who's looking to get into broadcasting. That being said they'd probably have to take a pay cut to work for what Gresh did. :D

Reaction Score
There's got to be a former UConn athlete who's looking to get into broadcasting. That being said they'd probably have to take a pay cut to work for what Gresh did. :D

Khalid El Amin. I think would shock the world.

Always a good interview.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I'm not so sure that "being in tune" with an administration that 1) extended and gave a raise to Diaco, 2) extended and gave a raise to KO, 3) gave up its Tier 3 rights to Aresco for no compensation and 4) invited Wichita State to join our conference will lead to insightful discussion. What we need is someone who is in tune with reality, the fan base, and sports economics - which apparently means someone totally unrelated to our university.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that "being in tune" with an administration that 1) extended and gave a raise to Diaco, 2) extended and gave a raise to KO, 3) gave up its Tier 3 rights to Aresco for no compensation and 4) invited Wichita State to join our conference will lead to insightful discussion. What we need is someone who is in tune with reality, the fan base, and sports economics - which apparently means someone totally unrelated to our university.

Lol so I see what have our first AD Dave hater. That didn't take long.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
No specifically AD Dave (I appreciate the football moves), though he is responsible for between 2 and 3 of those issues (depending on who you believe), but rather the whole school. It's kinda hard to argue that they aren't completely lost right now.

Reaction Score
There's been a few threads around and about with people's thoughts on Gresh... I'll just leave it at this :

This made my day. Gresh was AWFUL!!! Providence is not far enough away.

Reaction Score
Thought Gresh called a decent game. Clearly didn't support or give a lick for Uconn.

Reaction Score
No specifically AD Dave (I appreciate the football moves), though he is responsible for between 2 and 3 of those issues (depending on who you believe), but rather the whole school. It's kinda hard to argue that they aren't completely lost right now.
AD Dave got the football program under control and he gets a ton of credit. I don't know how much control he has over basketball. KO has his immunity charm and I don't think AD Dave can touch him. Thus fire #2 and bring in Chillious. This will continue to be a flaming wreck with KO at the helm.

Reaction Score
AD Dave got the football program under control and he gets a ton of credit. I don't know how much control he has over basketball. KO has his immunity charm and I don't think AD Dave can touch him. Thus fire #2 and bring in Chillious. This will continue to be a flaming wreck with KO at the helm.

Don't believe it. AD Dave has full autonomy over the ENTIRE athletic department. He will not suffer incompetence in any area. He's been on the clock for about 1 year. I believe he gives K.O. one more season to right the ship after last season's debacle due to multiple injuries. K.O. gets enough rope to hang himself.If dramatic improvement isn't seen, then Dave tightens the noose & pushes him off of the scaffold.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Don't believe it. AD Dave has full autonomy over the ENTIRE athletic department. He will not suffer incompetence in any area. He's been on the clock for about 1 year. I believe he gives K.O. one more season to right the ship after last season's debacle due to multiple injuries. K.O. gets enough rope to hang himself.If dramatic improvement isn't seen, then Dave tightens the noose & pushes him off of the scaffold.

I tend to agree, but am concerned that at some point our BOT may try to intervene if they perceive AD Dave as moving too fast on the bball program.

Reaction Score
I hope you're right, Cap. I think there a lot more politics at play with KO. He is a high profile minority coach, a favorite son of UConn and garners a lot of backroom support through JC and the BOD mafia. I think everybody with any sense of decency wants KO to work out, but the program is a steaming pile headed in the wrong direction fast. I don't think Chillious is going to help the situation beyond recruiting and the problem is a systemic lack of fundamental discipline and execution of good basketball.

Reaction Score
I hope you're right, Cap. I think there a lot more politics at play with KO. He is a high profile minority coach, a favorite son of UConn and garners a lot of backroom support through JC and the BOD mafia. I think everybody with any sense of decency wants KO to work out, but the program is a steaming pile headed in the wrong direction fast. I don't think Chillious is going to help the situation beyond recruiting and the problem is a systemic lack of fundamental discipline and execution of good basketball.
Find better recruits. Rather see full effort with lesser talent, than talent wasted.

Reaction Score
This made my day. Gresh was AWFUL!!! Providence is not far enough away.
Have a feeling that both Gresh & Joe D. are on the outs. They have been thanking all guests this week for engaging with them over the last 2 years. Then, last hour, Joe D. made a cryptic remark that on Friday's show they will announce what will be taking over the afternoon drive timeslot starting on Monday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom