Joanne P Mc....... | The Boneyard

Joanne P Mc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Found another Coach to blame for her inconsistencies. I guess Geno is off the hook..for now

JP McCallie:
"Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults. Let your kid get used to somebody being tough on them! That's life, get over it." (re-tweet)

Today:

Parents at any level can be inspiring or completely foolish in support of their child. What kind of parent are you? Inspiring? Or a fool?

And ND Coach McGraw:

Darn, knew we forgot something on our trip this past weekend..note to self: remember to pack "Hello, my name is...stickers for #21,11 &15

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The name Tweet ... never has anything been so aptly named.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I know that, for many fans, JP-M can't say anything right. But - I don't have any problem with her comments, although I admit I'm not so sure about "tweeting" them. JMHO.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Remember, she's speaking of kids who qualify for one of the most competitive schools in the country.

Reaction Score
Remember, she's speaking of kids who qualify for one of the most competitive schools in the country.

lets be honest here, there is a different admissions standard for athletes............ a few years ago the Duke MBB team gave a scholarship to a guy who flunked off his HS team.....it is common knowledge MBB players have taken correspondence courses at Duke

I agree with what McCallie is saying, some kids have never heard the word no in their life. However tweeting these comments is foolish, she sounds like a female Bobby Knight

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Someone at Duke needs to take her phone away from her...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Was she talking about a HS game she was attending or attended (and decided to tweet it hours/days later)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
lets be honest here, there is a different admissions standard for athletes.. a few years ago the Duke MBB team gave a scholarship to a guy who flunked off his HS team.....it is common knowledge MBB players have taken correspondence courses at Duke

I agree with what McCallie is saying, some kids have never heard the word no in their life. However tweeting these comments is foolish, she sounds like a female Bobby Knight

Nah, Bobby Knight actually won championships.

Reaction Score
Someone at Duke needs to take her phone away from her...
Seeing Pap49's avatar next John Glass's makes me think Black Lab iconography is starting to give Da Bears a little competition. My brother has one, and they're great dogs.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Seeing Pap49's avatar next John Glass's makes me think Black Lab iconography is starting to give Da Bears a little competition. My brother has one, and they're great dogs.

They are, indeed. The only character flaw I've found with Labs is, their definition of food is, how shall we say, rather broad-minded. They'll eat anything. Then, when it gets into their gastro-intestinal tract, the most amazing noises are produced.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
These kind of "sayings" are tweeted all the time by coaches - NCAA, College, AAU, HS etc.

They're vacuous and somewhat harmless.

The "danger" is when "high profile coaches" use them because readers might assume the coach is talking about THEIR players (or recruits) and the parents of THEIR players (or recruits).

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing what was wrong with her tweets.
McCallie is very frustrated with her recruited mix of All-American's. They do not seem to mix well in team play. Chemistry between the players seems to be lacking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know that, for many fans, JP-M can't say anything right. But - I don't have any problem with her comments, although I admit I'm not so sure about "tweeting" them. JMHO.
I think that it's the tweeting them that's the problem. I wouldn't have a problem with her thinking any of the above tweets, but writing them in a very public context is passive-aggressive, unprofessional, and I don't think very effective in inspiring the results she wanted.

Geno has been criticized for razzing his players/being blunt about their play in a public context, and yet I've never seen him say anything like saying a player of his is unemployable.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seems like the top coaches - Tara, Geno, Muffet, Kim - make a point of staying OFF Twitter.

Reaction Score
I thought Geno tweets
He does. Not often though. Maybe once a week or once a month. He's not one of those machine gun tweeters that puts out every little thought that pops into his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom