Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys | The Boneyard

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He made some unpopular decisions such as the Herschel Walker trade and starting Steve Walsh over Aikman in a couple of games.

I was expecting Uconn to suck this year, what bothers me most is that Diaco has accepted mediocrity, and made players accept a losing environment rather then stepping on people's toes and breaking losing habits. At times you wanna be positive but you gotta get in players faces too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Who's playing QB?
Who's playing LB?
What defensive scheme are we running? The 3-4 didn't work.
What offensive scheme are we running? The hodgepodge of ill advisement didn't work.

You might convince me we'll be able to run the ball effectively next season. You probably won't convince me we'll have a better defense, but you could if the redshirt guys make a leap.
You can't convince me the offense or defense will be measurably better. I've seen too much suck.

Reaction Score
Bad analogy. By the end of that first season everyone was saying that the Cowboys were super talented and postured to be a force.

Reaction Score
There is an endless list of great head coaches who struggled early in their career. Diaco needs to request an honest assessment from the people he is close to and make tweaks where needed, if he does that he will be fine, if not he will destroy himself.

He also needs to scour the earth for QB talent.

Reaction Score
There is an endless list of great head coaches who struggled early in their career. Diaco needs to request an honest assessment from the people he is close to and make tweaks where needed, if he does that he will be fine, if not he will destroy himself.

He also needs to scour the earth for QB talent.
My thoughts exactly. Why haven't any of his past bosses called him up and asked "what the heck is going on?" "What were you thinking?"

Reaction Score
The difference between Jimmie Johnson and Bob Diaco is that Johnson had monumental success as a head coach prior to Dallas. We don't know if Bob Diaco is going to be Greg Robinson, and it is friggin frightening.

It is far different being a great assistant coach, as opposed to a great head coach.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. Why haven't any of his past bosses called him up and asked "what the heck is going on?" "What were you thinking?"

Who sez they haven't - he has mentioned that he has reached out to a few (Fry, Kelly, etal) for counsel.

Reaction Score
Who sez they haven't - he has mentioned that he has reached out to a few (Fry, Kelly, etal) for counsel.
And were still here arguing/complaining about the same things 10 games later. Either no one has really truly given advice or he just isn't listening.

Reaction Score

And were still here arguing/complaining about the same things 10 games later. Either no one has really truly given advice or he just isn't listening.

...or he's listening to too many of them!

Reaction Score
or he's listening to too many of them!
Could be. It's like fixing a golf swing. Correct one fault at a time. Trying to correct 5 at once is detrimental to the overall picture.

Reaction Score
From what I saw, last night, I am not too encouraged about the prospects of a even a mediocre season next year.
I watched the Yale-Harvard game yesterday afternoon. I don't believe UConn can beat either of these two D-1AA teams.
Next year, should we lose to Villanova and/or UMass, I do believe it's curtains for Diaco.

Reaction Score
Dallas did go 1-15 that first year. All that did was give them the first pick in the draft and the first pick in the second round (the same as a late first round pick in terms of talent). UConn's player recruitment is just going to get harder and harder as legit P5 talent passes on the Huskies and opts instead for . . . P5 programs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let me know when Troy Aikman arrives on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom