OT: Jimmy Butler | The Boneyard

OT: Jimmy Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Watching him in college I always thought he was a solid player for Marquette. Never did I think he would become an NBA all-star averaging 22 & 6 shooting 50% from the field; the go to guy for one of the best teams in the league. Pretty remarkable how good of a player he has become.

Reaction Score
Always loved his game also at Marquette wishing we had a guy who could do it all like that. (we did but another would be nice lol) Never did I think it would transition to this good of an NBA player. And the way he plays the game is a breath of fresh air compared to many of the other all stars in the NBA too. All out!

Reaction Score
Dude has serious game. If only old pal Jae Crowder could play like he always did against us for the Celtics

Reaction Score
wouldn't say he's their go to player as they spread it around b/w Gasol and Rose along with Butler down the stretch of games(although Rose's shooting has been way off lately), but yea he's turned into a ridiculous player, arguably the top 2 way wing in the league right now. Bulls made out very well by not having Melo come or making a move for Love in a trade. Signing Gasol and keeping Butler and Mirotic instead of including them in any trades >>>>Melo or Love.

Reaction Score
I'm a Bulls fan and admittedly never loved Jimmy Butler's game in the past, he was always a jack of all trades player, played good defense and played both shooting guard and small forward. I just always felt you would never go all the way with a shooting guard who can't shoot. Well that no longer is a problem, what Jimmy Butler has turned himself into is just incredible. I knew he had a crazy strong work ethic but to see it transform him into one of the best wing players in the league is just amazing. This Bulls team has scary depth on it's roster. Another name that will soon become a household name for all basketball fans is Nikola Mirotic, the guy has serious game. Also, I couldn't be happier for Pau Gasol getting out of LA, guy is a beast.

Reaction Score
we played a lot of good nba players from 2004-2011 in the big east

Reaction Score
I'm a Bulls fan and admittedly never loved Jimmy Butler's game in the past, he was always a jack of all trades player, played good defense and played both shooting guard and small forward. I just always felt you would never go all the way with a shooting guard who can't shoot. Well that no longer is a problem, what Jimmy Butler has turned himself into is just incredible. I knew he had a crazy strong work ethic but to see it transform him into one of the best wing players in the league is just amazing. This Bulls team has scary depth on it's roster. Another name that will soon become a household name for all basketball fans is Nikola Mirotic, the guy has serious game. Also, I couldn't be happier for Pau Gasol getting out of LA, guy is a beast.

I have always loved Pau Gasol's game. And never thought he got the proper credit for the good Lakers years.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
He has earned that "Jimmy Buckets" moniker that Stacey King ridiculously bestowed on him.

His ascension in level of play reminds me of Paul George's.

Reaction Score
I made it a point to draft him to my fantasy team this year. Glad it's working out

Reaction Score
Dude has serious game. If only old pal Jae Crowder could play like he always did against us for the Celtics

Speaking of the Celtics, Danny Ainge should try to get Lamb from Okc now that they have Waiters. I really can't stand watching Avery Badley play. I think he's one of the worst 2 guards in the league.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Watching him in college I always thought he was a solid player for Marquette. Never did I think he would become an NBA all-star averaging 22 & 6 shooting 50% from the field; the go to guy for one of the best teams in the league. Pretty remarkable how good of a player he has become.
I felt the same about Dwayne Wade. I have no recollection of his college career.

Reaction Score
I felt the same about Dwayne Wade. I have no recollection of his college career.
I remember Wade being pretty good in college but no way i pictured him doing what hes done in the league. Always a favorite of mine to watch.

Reaction Score
I'm a big Butler fan. I'm also a fan of his taste in t-shirts:

upload_2015-1-7_16-34-40.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm a big Butler fan. I'm also a fan of his taste in t-shirts:

View attachment 8076
That shirt reminded me of my teenage priorities.

Now pusssy is a cat, money is work (not cash) and weed has turned into medications. But I went through a few hundred of those tees, so I'm not complaining, but I am still paying interest on the shirts.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think he played pre-BE Marquette
You're right. I checked and they joined in 2005-06. I think Wade left in 2003. That would explain why I don't remember him. ALso, in 2003, Marquette made it to the Final Four and lost by 33 points to Kansas. Ouch. That had to take some of the fun out of a great accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom