Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson?

Who is better Jimmy Butler or Klay Thompson?

• Jimmy Butler

• Klay Thompson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
"Who would you start a team with" is a slightly different question than the one that was asked. Different people can interpret how much of team fit or off the court culture/attitude reflect in that original "better overall basketball player" question, but undoubtedly NBA GMs will place more emphasis on those non-basketball factors. Klay definitively has a huge edge in those areas.

Spacing is hugely important and shooting is hugely important, but it's not as important as primary shot creation. Those are things you can get from role players. You talk about how the playoffs show what is important, and without a doubt every year it shows that primary shot creation/offense generation is the most important thing, and it's not something you can reliably get from a role player.

Klay does not offer that at a high level. Butler is not in the very top tier, but he's well above Klay in that regard.
Start your team or better player like this poll is, I guess I was right with my thesis on Klay Thompson being a better player than Jimmy Butler....

Vote 56 to 11 in Klay’s favor, the people have spoke!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Start your team or better player like this poll is, I guess I was right with my thesis on Klay Thompson being a better player than Jimmy Butler....

Vote 56 to 11 in Klay’s favor, the people have spoke!

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.” - agent J, men in black

Reaction Score
Lmao, Klay Thompson is a role player. This site never gets old

the Q

Reaction Score
Just for fun

Guys within one draft class (either way) with a higher vorp than klay (beyond the usual suspects):

Derek Favors
Greg Monroe
Eric Bledsoe
Isaiah Thomas
Chandler Parsons

Reaction Score
Just for fun

Guys within one draft class (either way) with a higher vorp than klay (beyond the usual suspects):

Derek Favors
Greg Monroe
Eric Bledsoe
Isaiah Thomas
Chandler Parsons

All you are doing is devaluing another stat. Adjusted +/- will tell you that Vucevic is much better than Kawhi. What should that tell you?

the Q

Reaction Score
Really freaking good. He was the #2 option on the team with the best record in the history of the NBA.

In a system that made people think Harrison Barnes was a max player...

Reaction Score
Butler because he can create his own shot much better than Klay can. Both are great defenders who can both wings.

Klay can fit any team. Butler needs a team of vets who only care about winning.

Reaction Score
If we’re starting a team and both of them are going to be your #1 option...it’s Jimmy Butler by a million....

I’m sorry, y’all are crazy.

Klay’s amazing, but dude can’t create his own shot, shoot off the dribble, or create shots for others...

Give me James Butler #1, and I’ll take an Eric Gordon late in a draft to make up for Klay

Reaction Score
If we’re starting a team and both of them are going to be your #1 option...it’s Jimmy Butler by a million....

I’m sorry, y’all are crazy.

Klay’s amazing, but dude can’t create his own shot, shoot off the dribble, or create shots for others...

Give me James Butler #1, and I’ll take an Eric Gordon late in a draft to make up for Klay
That's the problem with Jimmy Butler, he has to be the #1 option and he sucks at it.

Reaction Score
Better fit, better resume, hell he may be a better dancer, but he is not a better player Butler.

Reaction Score
That leaves them with 3 all nba players, more than 90% of the league
3 all-NBA players?

If you're talking about Cousins, find me all these games where Cousins played while Curry and Durant were out.

You posted something nonsensical, no sense in doubling down on it.

Reaction Score
3 all-NBA players?

If you're talking about Cousins, find me all these games where Cousins played while Curry and Durant were out.

You posted something nonsensical, no sense in doubling down on it.

Just google it. I’m right, you’re wrong

Reaction Score
Klay doesnt need to do anything but catch and shoot with KD and Steph on the floor and while he doesn't have a great handle, he has a couple of nice iso moves. Try to watch a game and you will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom