Jim Nantz Appreciation | The Boneyard

Jim Nantz Appreciation

Reaction Score
March certainly won't be the same without him. Jim Nantz is undoubtedly the best broadcaster of our time. He is always a class act and his timing is impeccable. He has called all five of our national championships and to me holds a special place in UConn lore.

“Folks, you’ve got to believe, because just when people say, ‘You can’t,’ you can. And UConn has won the national championship!” - Jim Nantz, 1999

Reaction Score
I thought it was funny how the NCAA guy who presented the trophy was in Jim’s personal space while interviewing Danny Hurley

Reaction Score
Nantz, Raft and Hill were absolutely brutal last night.

They didn’t shut up for 3 hours.

I thought Hill was the worst last night man. There were a bunch of times I don't even think he realized the words he was saying. Raff is old so I cut him some slack, he just loves the game and gets excited.

Reaction Score
Jim Nantz has a very classy broadcasting style, something old-school about him.

We'll miss him, but I'm also looking forward to more Ian Eagle and his unique flair.

Reaction Score
Nantz has been a great part of the UConn championships. Only blunder was referring to Aaron Boone as Justin Brown on one of the biggest plays of the 2004 semifinal. I like a quality 2 person broadcast rather than 3. Less talk and better rapport. Agree that last nights broadcast did not flow well between the two color guys.

Reaction Score
I thought Hill was the worst last night man. There were a bunch of times I don't even think he realized the words he was saying. Raff is old so I cut him some slack, he just loves the game and gets excited.

Yep, Hill is not particularly enjoyable to listen to... Raff has definitely lost a few steps, too.

Poe

Reaction Score
I thought it was funny how the NCAA guy who presented the trophy was in Jim’s personal space while interviewing Danny Hurley
I think they were wrapped up some how and the ncaa guy couldn’t move out of the way, or he’s a weirdo

Reaction Score
Nantz showed how good he is last night when he called out the 53-41 score with 10 minutes left was the final score vs. Butler. For all the games and stats he has running through his head, was impressive, as Raft and Hill called out when he did it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nantz has been a great part of the UConn championships. Only blunder was referring to Aaron Boone as Justin Brown on one of the biggest plays of the 2004 semifinal. I like a quality 2 person broadcast rather than 3. Less talk and better rapport. Agree that last nights broadcast did not flow well between the two color guys.
Aaron Boone?

caw

Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of One Shining Moment, but I did like how they cut in a shot of Nantz in there. Very well framed shot too.

Reaction Score
Nantz is too bland for my liking. I cant remember 1 distinct call he's made in his 32 year career in any sport. There's no "edge" to him. Not cut-out for today's generation of sports and capturing important events among so much noise.

Reaction Score
I've posted it many times before, but I will also remember Nantz because he wasn't ready for the Duke coronation in '99. He said he just had a feeling that UConn wasn't going to roll over. He and Packer regonized early on that UConn seemed to be the more confident team.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He will be missed for the calming way he directed everything on his calls.

He was the Final Four call for 30 years

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken, but I think Jim was/is a Connecticut resident. Anyway, aside from being very good overall, I always got the feeling he was a closet UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Not a Nantz fan at all. Smarmy and everything he says sounds contrived. Would love for Ian Eagle to take over for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom