Jim Mora: “Running between the tackles 30 times not how the game is played anymore” | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: “Running between the tackles 30 times not how the game is played anymore”

Reaction Score
Don't care about the guy, happy to never see him anywhere near UConn again.

But one would expect this fanbase be able to spell Edsall correctly.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Even still. It’s just not the way the game is played now, and that’s not the type of offense he wants to run.
What all teams should be working to develop is what the Packers are doing with Jones/Dillon. Not a traditional thunder/lightning, but a dynamic attack from all angles machine. You have both catching passes, Jones being a big threat on the wheel, and the option of Dillon to grind a wore out defense into dust after going up two scores in the 4th. This also helps in NE weather, of course, when Alabam comes to town.

So far in Rosa they have their Aaron Jones and the proper mindset.

Reaction Score
I think Rosa sees a ton of time next year and I am excited to see what he can do. A threat as a runner and passer and I am confident Coach Charlton gets him the ball in space. I think Carter and Rosa will be just fine in the backfield.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think Rosa sees a ton of time next year and I am excited to see what he can do. A threat as a runner and passer and I am confident Coach Charlton gets him the ball in space. I think Carter and Rosa will be just fine in the backfield.
Don't forget about Carter and Houston. They have playmaking ability as well. Maybe Rosa redshirts?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Carter is going to be hard to get in space since he can't catch. I'll be really interested to see how much we rotate in Rosa and Brewton for their versatility. That is if Mora isn't full of it about not being a running team.

Reaction Score
Even still. It’s just not the way the game is played now, and that’s not the type of offense he wants to run.
Ehh. It depends. The problem with our offense has been that we don't use the run for anything. We would run just to run instead of running to set up the pass. Baylor used to run the ball 45 times per game

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Carter is going to be hard to get in space since he can't catch. I'll be really interested to see how much we rotate in Rosa and Brewton for their versatility. That is if Mora isn't full of it about not being a running team.
Carter's high school highlites include him catching the ball. The offense never got him or anyone else in space. All passes were either slants, wr screens or post and sideline patterns.

Reaction Score
You think he's lying about being a running team? Hope you're wrong. No offense, but I think we might have some trick plays QB to RB to a WR...

Reaction Score
Can you redshirt only as a freshman, or can you redshirt as a sophomore or as a junior?
Redshirt is not only for freshman. Zergiotis (and I know he's in the portal) is taking a redshirt this year because he only appeared in three games. He didn't even suit up for the last 2 games so as not to burn his redshirt, which is probably why we saw the walk-on from Southington, Drena, against Houston.

Reaction Score
Don't care about the guy, happy to never see him anywhere near UConn again.

But one would expect this fanbase be able to spell Edsall correctly.
I have seen it spelled four different ways.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
** mensah enters the portal **

No qualms with Mensah but it was so obvious throughout this past season he doesn't have D1 talent. He is so slow and average at best at reading blocks and finding seams. Even against the FCS opponents Mensah was slow.

Reaction Score
No qualms with Mensah but it was so obvious throughout this past season he doesn't have D1 talent. He is so slow and average at best at reading blocks and finding seams. Even against the FCS opponents Mensah was slow.
He was better in 2018 and 2019. It's not like he got worse for no reason. Either he had a nagging injury we did not know about or the OL play was that bad. I go with the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom