Jim Fuller to concentrate on UConn Football | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller to concentrate on UConn Football

Reaction Score

>>I have some news to report. After having the pleasure of covering 15 Final Four and nine national championship teams in the 16 seasons that I have been the primary beat writer for the UConn women's basketball program, my role is changing.

I've been balancing the coverage of the UConn football and women's basketball beats for the last six seasons but with the New Haven Register now part of the Hearst Media Connecticut organization, a decision has been made to split up the UConn coverage. As a result, I will continue in my role handling the day to day coverage of the UConn football program while Doug Bonjour (@DougBonjour) will be providing coverage of the women's basketball program...<<

Fuller has consistently done an admirable job covering UConn football - good to see Hearst making the commitment to continue his coverage going forward.

Reaction Score
Fuller is prob the best writer on the football beat. That’s good news for us. Probably not as great for him.
it's not the worst timing for him. If we start to get competitive again then he's got a chance to drum up some buzz again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it's not the worst timing for him. If we start to get competitive again then he's got a chance to drum up some buzz again.

He had it already.

How would going from football and women’s basketball to just football be a good thing professionally?

Do you think there are even 500 people outside of the program/industry who follow UConn’s recruiting?

Reaction Score
He had it already.

How would going from football and women’s basketball to just football be a good thing professionally?

Do you think there are even 500 people outside of the program/industry who follow UConn’s recruiting?
not right now, no. but there's plenty of potential. Football has more fan potential right now than Women's basketball. Once Geno is gone and the 70-100 year old crowd that makes up the majority of womens fan are gone, it's going to die off fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom