Jim Fuller: Recruiting Update | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Recruiting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2012/09/auriemma-not-worried-about-small-numbers.html

Takeaways (Jim's and mine, and some additional tidbits):
  • Geno will work on getting the roster size to 12 for next season and that may mean walk-ons;
  • Harper appears to be quite a longshot; she's scheduled visits to Miami and UCLA (and Ohio State) and nothing currently scheduled for UConn; Geno is on a trip to Chicago and then Atlanta so maybe he'll find out where UConn stands with her;
  • The UConn staff appears to think it still has a shot with McCall despite her acceptance to Stanford;
  • Louisville and Ohio State are still very much in the mix for Chong (btw, Geno reportedly had an in-home with Chong last week);
  • For the class of '14, UConn is currently pursuing Turner, Caldwell, Calhoun, Drummer and Wilson to join Ekmark.
  • CD was reportedly in Cali yesterday (Mater Dei HS); Geno is supposed to be there as well, perhaps this upcoming weekend for the Fall Finish tourney at MD

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...why would the Finns host a tournament in MD in the Fall.
Helping mark mark the Quasquicentennial Celebration of Huckleberry’s remarkable adventure.

Reaction Score
Drummer. I don't know a whole lot about her, but the basic physical attributes seem like what the Huskies will have a serious need for by that point in time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still wonder if Courtney Ekmark, #1 in her class academically, may reclassify as a 2013 player. Mike Gminski jumped a grade 30 or more years ago.

Also, did Geno chat up any younger opposing players while in London, Manchester, or Turkey?

Luigi may yet pull something out of the weeds.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"Geno will work on getting the roster size to 12 for next season and that may mean walk-ons"

That's 4 additional players. Should be interesting to see who that ends up to be.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
2013 is a strange group to me......

I will be interested to see where they end up

Reaction Score
I am certainly interested to see who ends up signing. I highly doubt Geno will sign 4 walk ons and/or average players just to get to 12 players. If not mistaken, after Michala and Lauren left, Geno made it comment saying that those two players kind of held back the entire team as they weren't performing at the level being displayed by the other players. This is why I doubt he will sign 4 average players just to increase the number to 12. Hence, I have feeling that UConn will certainly be signing at least 2 highly touted recruits and maybe a good recruit we don't know about (ala Tiffany Hales, Kalana Green, Brianna Banks type of player) or better said, under the radar. Then, I can def. see him signing a walk on/average player....but there is no way he would sign 4 of those type of players. This is just a thought....and maybe a optimistic hope that players from the class of 2013 will start verballing to UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I still wonder if Courtney Ekmark, #1 in her class academically, may reclassify as a 2013 player. Mike Gminski jumped a grade 30 or more years ago.

I think Ekmark was held back a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc