Jim Fuller is reporting.... | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller is reporting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
...that Breanna will compete in the dunking contest tomorrow night.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Love it !!!!!!!!

Go Bre !!!!! Throw one (or two, or three, or four) down !!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
AWESOME! I've never seen her dunk. I hope she's able to get up over the rim, instead of pushing the ball like some other "dunkers". I know there's no one who can dunk like Giner, but it doesn't look right if they aren't bringing the ball down from above the rim...

Reaction Score
I look at dunking like I look at long boarding .... a good way to get hurt.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
AWESOME! I've never seen her dunk. I hope she's able to get up over the rim, instead of pushing the ball like some other "dunkers". I know there's no one who can dunk like Giner, but it doesn't look right if they aren't bringing the ball down from above the rim...
If you go on YouTube you'll see some clips. One was the piece on her as Gatorade NPOY, and there are also probably clips from the McDs AA dunk competition this past April.

Breanna can legitimately dunk. Whether she could legitimately do it in live action, I.e., without having to take too many steps, remains to be seen. She did successfully throw down an alley oop, but whether she could really do it consistently is questionable.

She will probably dunk during her career at Uconn. I will not care especially, but some people like it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you go on YouTube you'll see some clips. One was the piece on her as Gatorade NPOY, and there are also probably clips from the McDs AA dunk competition this past April.

Breanna can legitimately dunk. Whether she could legitimately do it in live action, I.e., without having to take too many steps, remains to be seen. She did successfully throw down an alley oop, but whether she could really do it consistently is questionable.

She will probably dunk during her career at Uconn. I will not care especially, but some people like it.
I look for an alley oop pass from Moriah on a fast break. Not even Griner has done that.

Reaction Score
I look at dunking like I look at long boarding .... a good way to get hurt.
Nah. A hippity-hop is much more likely to cause injury. Or, in my case....a horse will do it..

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I look for an alley oop pass from Moriah on a fast break. Not even Griner has done that.
That would be much harder to do than what she did at the AA game. At the AA game, both she and the passer were standing still and unguarded until she was ready, and then the passer threw a nice, easy lob. She also didn't have to worry about offensive goaltending; that is, she was able to catch the ball over the cylinder and drop it in.

Even on a fast break, neither Bre nor Mo would have time to collect themselves; the oop pass would have to be well executed off of a dribble, and Breanna would have to catch and throw down seamlessly. Possible, certainly, but far more difficult to do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That would be much harder to do than what she did at the AA game. At the AA game, both she and the passer were standing still and unguarded until she was ready, and then the passer threw a nice, easy lob. She also didn't have to worry about offensive goaltending; that is, she was able to catch the ball over the cylinder and drop it in.

Even on a fast break, neither Bre nor Mo would have time to collect themselves; the oop pass would have to be well executed off of a dribble, and Breanna would have to catch and throw down seamlessly. Possible, certainly, but far more difficult to do.
More difficult, but more spectacular, and we have Mor-iah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom