Jim Fuller catches up with Lauren Engeln | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller catches up with Lauren Engeln

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good article and a must read for those, like yours truly, who liked Lauren Engeln and who hated to see her go. I hope she excels at BC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good stuff and obviously puts to rest the idea that some on the board thought - that she had some issues with the coaches or players at UCONN. Same goes for Johnson and Walker.

I hope she has a successful 2 seasons at BC starting next year. I can see her being a real contributor.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Lauren was always a big contributer to the UConn program -- even with the few minutes she got to play.

This article is a portrait of a girl who has her head on straight, strong values, and a love for the game.

She also maintains a love for UConn -- the coaches and players. It is a wonderful tribute to Lauren and to the Huskies that they are keeping in touch.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This article answers the question some posters have, namely, "Why doesn't everyone want to play for UConn?" For many athletics, playing time is more important than just being on a winning team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lauren is a pretty good player, and BC is pretty weak. She should be a major contributor, possibly a starter, and hopefully can make them respectable again.

I give her credit for wanting to play East Coast basketball.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Glad to hear she has strong ties to the team - sometimes when memories of winning fade, it's nice to know that the bonds of friendship are still there.

Reaction Score
Nice to hear she isn't causing all the problems Geno mentioned when he stated that now, with her and Michala gone, he could run practices with everyone carrying their own weight. Seems like she has learned to be better, or BCU has much lower standards.

Reaction Score
Nice to hear she isn't causing all the problems Geno mentioned when he stated that now, with her and Michala gone, he could run practices with everyone carrying their own weight. Seems like she has learned to be better, or BCU has much lower standards.

Lauren has not played a game at BC and is probably practicing with the second team. BC does not get anywhere near the talent that UConn gets so I would think that their practices and game playing is not at UConns level. She will fit in nicely there and help that program but she was never going to get her desired minutes at UConn and was holding things back in practicies because she was having trouble grasping Uconns offensive and defensive schemes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom