Jim Fuller: Brianna Turner is drawing a crowd... | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Brianna Turner is drawing a crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have managed to forget the name of the South Carolina elite player that one of our coaches went to see...a 6'3" type 2014'er.
I wonder if she and Brianna have similar games?

Hmm. a trip up to balmy Hartford in mid-February to see UConn host Baylor....on the family's dime...might indicate serious interest.
It's on Monday Feb. 18....that week is a winter vacation for lots of school districts.

Reaction Score
I suspect the minute she was identified as a UCONN prospect, her stock rose everywhere...

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I have managed to forget the name of the South Carolina elite player that one of our coaches went to see...a 6'3" type 2014'er.

Blake...A'ja Wilson

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Hmm. a trip up to balmy Hartford in mid-February to see UConn host Baylor....on the family's dime...might indicate serious interest.
It's on Monday Feb. 18....that week is a winter vacation for lots of school districts.
As OTP notes, it's A'ja Wilson. She sounds like a typical post type but a very good one.

Brianna Turner may have a unique game. She does not have the outside shot of Diamond, but she may be able to match her athleticism and has at least 1" more height. At 6'3" at least, Brianna has speed and agility and plays above the rim. She has the potential to be a multiple-time Olympian.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

The timing of this game may work in Baylor's favor if Turner goes to watch the game. Maybe there will be a big snow storm and it is 2 degrees and Turner can't wait to get out of the bitter weather.

That would be a difficult time for Turner to make a trip considering that would be right in the middle of high school playoffs in Texas. The state tournament is always the first weekend in March so that timing could be very tough if Turner's team is in the playoffs, which I assume it will be.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As OTP notes, it's A'ja Wilson. She sounds like a typical post type but a very good one.

Brianna Turner may have a unique game. She does not have the outside shot of Diamond, but she may be able to match her athleticism and has at least 1" more height. At 6'3" at least, Brianna has speed and agility and plays above the rim. She has the potential to be a multiple-time Olympian.

Is she THAT athletic? Diamond is off the charts........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is she THAT athletic? Diamond is off the charts........
Close. Per HoopGurlz:

DFW March Fest-March 11: At this point in the maturation process of the class of 2014, no prospect in the class has displayed more potential than Turner. To start, there's her physical attributes, which are impressive even in street clothes. She stands a legit 6-3 and is gifted with long limbs and explosive athleticism. Turner has the ability to run the floor as well as most guards her age, and on the defensive end she finds a way to challenge every shot attempted anywhere near the basket. Her ability to be both an explosive athlete, attempting the impressive shot block around the basket, and be fluid, finding ways to finish around defenders when she can't simply go over them, makes her a sure fire challenger to finish the class in the No. 1 spot. When talking about prospects on the national level, the term "genetic lottery" plays such an impact on what separates kids at the top of a given class from their peers. Similar to previous No. 1s ahead of her (Maya Moore, Candace Parker, Brittney Griner), Turner won the genetic lottery of 2014. (Moore)

Brianna's father played at Lamar, and her mother played at Houston. Her uncle played football at Southern California. A very athletic family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom