Jim Calhoun Passes Dean Smith in Wins | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun Passes Dean Smith in Wins

pj

Reaction Score
The way Jim Boeheim's recruiting is going, JC might be able to pass him too. How many games does St Joe's play per year?

Reaction Score
About 30. Can probably pass Bob Knight next season. Team is playing quite well.

Reaction Score
do D III wins count?

As far as I know, it's all of NCAA.

But this conversation doesn't matter much, he won't be coaching next year at St. Joe's barring a major change of heart.

Reaction Score
As far as I know, it's all of NCAA.

But this conversation doesn't matter much, he won't be coaching next year at St. Joe's barring a major change of heart.
At this moment he’s loving coaching at St. Joe’s. He seems to love the kids and he should be able to pass 900 next season

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
In the future, I would suggest that when composing a title for a post, do not begin it with the name of an individual followed by the word 'passes.'

Particularly when that person is a much loved Husky great.

Especially when that person is JC.

Some of us older 'yarders might not ever get to the 4th word of the title before the cardiac infarction hits.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
In the future, I would suggest that when composing a title for a post, do not begin it with the name of an individual followed by the word 'passes.'

Some of us older 'yarders might not ever get to the 4th word of the title before the cardiac infarction hits.
Sorry Rich!!

Reaction Score
Truly a legend who has never received the respect of national press when discussions of greatest coaches of all time occur. Disgraceful. Will finish career #3 on all-time win list, three national champs (architect of a fourth) and never caught on tv burying a digit in a nostril.

Reaction Score

Maybe try reading past the second word

Reaction Score
Tonight, Rockford University went down.

And with that its 880 total wins for Jim Calhoun putting Him at #4 all time!! 22 wins behind the son-stranglin' chair chuckin' Bobby Knight.

These wins get counted huh?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He might decide to coach next year when he realizes he could pass Bobby Knight

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Maybe try reading past the second word
Trying to figure out if you didn't bother to read the whole post, or if the joke just sailed on over your head. Or maybe you're trying to twist my joke around and nah...

Reaction Score
Truly a legend who has never received the respect of national press when discussions of greatest coaches of all time occur. Disgraceful. Will finish career #3 on all-time win list, three national champs (architect of a fourth) and never caught on tv burying a digit in a nostril.
There's at 4 other coaches with 1000 wins. This list is not complete.

Reaction Score
Trying to figure out if you didn't bother to read the whole post, or if the joke just sailed on over your head. Or maybe you're trying to twist my joke around and nah...
Now that would be ironic wouldn’t it

Reaction Score
I would argue that Calhoun is the greatest basketball mind in history. His ability to build a program from nothing into one of the most successful programs in history in such a short period of time is underappreciated. If I had to pick any coach to win me one game, it would be him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom