Jim Calhoun on UConn's Legendary 2011 Run - Field of 68 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun on UConn's Legendary 2011 Run - Field of 68

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
All the games are avail (in low quality mostly) on YT btw. I watched this run (and 2014) earlier this year during the Covid downtime, man what a good run. Would love to see us miracle it this year :)

Reaction Score
The Jim Calhoun run continues with his efforts at the nearby Saint Joseph's University men's basketball Division 111 Team. In just three years he has built this team into a powerhouse. The second year in his conference they won the title. In the current year they were rantekd national #9. They have played just four games so far this virus induced season and are 2/2 again very strong national teams. Their current national ranking is #6. WOW. They can be seen on the Saint Joseph's website and have mostly CT players on the squad.

The university is constructing a beautiful new arena on campus in West Hartford seating over 700. It should be open in mid April. Currently, all games are closed to the public.

Reaction Score
Full interview here:

John with the easiest interview ever.

John: “So Jim, tell me about X”
JC: 15-minute story
John: (Wiping sandwich residue off face after grabbing lunch): “Well, Jim, what about Y and Z”
JC: More stories
John: (Wiping tears out of his eyes from the ending of Forrest Gump): “Thank you for being with us today Jim.”

Reaction Score
Thanks for this. Love listening to Coach this time of year. Seemed like he'd drop the curmudgeon persona from the season and he'd be purposely jovial and a pretty smooth salesman. Particularly noticeable in the Final Four. My impression was that by this part in the season, after pushing and prodding the team all year, he'd be focused on instilling confidence in the team to get them to play freely.

Some highlights:

Still knowledgeable about the current team, still says we
Still selling UConn and the OBE
Told Hurly to calm down (referring to calling Jackson a pro already this year). Just a fun been there done that little moment.
Complimentary of Hurley
Quoted Hamilton the musical

He's the best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I love hearing Coach Calhoun stories.

This is my favorite phone call & always will be.

Reaction Score
i loved listening to this, particularly hearing him talk about the current team, bouknight, and hurley. thanks for sharing!

Reaction Score
I still have to really listen intently to understand Jim.

Good stuff.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The best program builder ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members