Jim Calhoun, "I bleed blue." | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun, "I bleed blue."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During College Basketball Live right before the UCONN v. Memphis game, they had Calhoun on set with Reece, Jay, Seth, and Bilas. Calhoun was analyzing the UCONN team and he kept referring to the team as "we." Reece interrupted him and jokingly said something along the lines, "We have done 10 games together for the BIG 10 and how many times have I told you to not use 'we' when talking about UCONN." Jim Calhoun responds with a smile and calmly says, "I bleed blue." He was also wearing a UCONN tie.

The guy loves UCONN and is not shy about it even as an analyst! Quite frankly I love Calhoun!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I love it and yes, he just can't help himself. I've actually never heard him refer to the program in the "third person."

Reaction Score
During College Basketball Live right before the UCONN v. Memphis game, they had Calhoun on set with Reece, Jay, Seth, and Bilas. Calhoun was analyzing the UCONN team and he kept referring to the team as "we." Reece interrupted him and jokingly said something along the lines, "We have done 10 games together for the BIG 10 and how many times have I told you to not use 'we' when talking about UCONN." Jim Calhoun responds with a smile and calmly says, "I bleed blue." He was also wearing a UCONN tie.

The guy loves UCONN and is not shy about it even as an analyst! Quite frankly I love Calhoun!
I love it ! KO also bleeds blue. I hope KO stays here for atleast until we get into a p5 conf.

Reaction Score
I love it, UConn can always use some ESPN publicity. Calhoun is also one of the more insightful analysts when it comes to the true Xs and Os, which I think explains why they keep having him on and doing color for games despite his accent. Jim really likes the job too, to the extent that he is actually taking speech classes to work on his annunciation and clarity (learned this from one of his family members).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love it, UConn can always use some ESPN publicity. Calhoun is also one of the more insightful analysts when it comes to the true Xs and Os, which I think explains why they keep having him on and doing color for games despite his accent. Jim really likes the job too, to the extent that he is actually taking speech classes to work on his annunciation and clarity (learned this from one of his family members).

"Despite" his accent? My Boston wife would crack you over the head with a pan for that. It's because of his accent, it gives him character. He does a good job because he isn't kissing asses...he calls it like he sees it. Most of the others are afraid of ever being negative.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wish JC looked Reece in the eye and said "I will say we in reference to UConn until my last breath, I am proud doing so and if any of you walked in my shoes and could find it easy to not say "we" I would question your backbone".

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is tremendous for the mojo. Starting to feel good about things, which clearly means we're DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom