Jhavon Williams | The Boneyard

Jhavon Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to share a story about one of our Seniors who will be honored tomorrow. In the summer of 2012 Jhavon Williams was an incoming freshman. He wrote me and told me that he wanted to wear #6 in honor of Jasper Howard. Growing up in Florida he admired Jazz and wanted to come to UConn to honor his memory. He learned that I was close with Jazz's family and asked me to check with them about wearing 6. He wouldn't wear it without their blessing. Jazz's family was honored. Flash forward to November 1, 2014, the night we unveiled the Jasper Howard Statue. Jhavon got to meet all of Jazz's family and they instantly embraced him as one of their own. It was an incredibly special night. For five years Jhavon has represented UConn, Jazz and himself with the utmost class and enthusiasm, on and off the field. I could not be more proud of him. So please, be in your seats for the Senior Day Ceremony tomorrow and give this young man, and all our Seniors, the love and respect they deserve. Thanks!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'll be there to show my respect for Jhavon and his senior brethren who worked their keisters off. Anyone who put themselves through the past 4-5 years of coaching malpractice and still loves the game of football is a true RKG.

Reaction Score
Jhavon with Jazz's family the night we unveiled the "6" statue.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1480115444191.jpg
    FB_IMG_1480115444191.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads