Jezz: Coach believes, players believe, when are our fans going to come back? | The Boneyard

Jezz: Coach believes, players believe, when are our fans going to come back?

Reaction Score
Yes the loyal BYers are on the bus, but Jezz where is Husky Nation. This board was fire years ago when we and RU were going at it and when we won the BE.

Love the support so far but I really hope the Rent gets an extra shot of energy for the next home game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yes the loyal BYers are on the bus, but Jezz where is Husky Nation. This board was fire years ago when we and RU were going at it and when we won the BE.

Love the support so far but I really hope the Rent gets an extra shot of energy for the next home game.
If we beat Ball State, we will get a good crowd for BC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Not having a conference hurts and obviously being abysmal tanked the fan base. Mora is doing what this program needs, turning it around and winning games we could win, so far.

BC should have a big turnout because it's BC and any time we play them it's always got that extra something.

Reaction Score
If we host BC coming off a three game winning streak — and I’m not taking that “if” for granted — I don’t know how much our attendance will increase by, but I 100% guaranty you that the enthusiasm of those who attend will be something we haven’t seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we host BC coming off a three game winning streak — and I’m not taking that “if” for granted“ — I don’t know how much our attendance will increase by, but I 100% guaranty you that the enthusiasm of those who attend will be something we haven’t seen in a long time.
I for one will be visably enthusiastic

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not expecting a drastic turnaround in attendance this year even if we run the table. Connecticut sports fans are very cynical and fickle. UConn casuals have been beaten down & apathetic for years by awful football. It's gonna take time to change that mindset. Consistent winning and competitive football is still the one & only answer.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not expecting a drastic turnaround in attendance this year even if we run the table. Connecticut sports fans are very cynical and fickle. UConn casuals have been beaten down & apathetic for years by awful football. It's gonna take time to change that mindset. Consistent winning and competitive football is still the one & only answer.
No need for honest sensible statements, this is the BY.

Reaction Score
Does the casual fan know that ND is not in a conference?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does the casual fan know that ND is not in a conference?
No the casual fan isn’t sure bit thinks they are in the Big Ten.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
If we beat Ball State, the BC game will be crowded. The UMASS game is on Friday night and could be amazing if we are winning.

Reaction Score
Do casual fans know who is in which conference? How casual are we talking here?
I was talking to a high school coach (not head) whose son saw UConn after Mora was hired and started bringing in local teams to see the facilities. He was invited but couldn't make it. Even HE said he's never followed UConn and didn't realize they're not in a conference. He watches high school and NFL cause he's originally from out of state and has no sentimental attachment to the perennially bad local team. Not a dig on his part, just honesty.

If football people like that aren't interested in the program, I think there's a lot of work to be done to get people in the door. On the positive side, he said he thinks Mora's invites are working and kids from his son's team have talked about seeing games. Have to start somewhere.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We are talking about over a decade of complete ineptitude and being embarrassed by our Football program. It is going to take a while to get back the typical bandwagon CT fan...certainly going to take more than wins over Fresno St and FIU. If we beat BCU and finish above .500 this year, I am hopeful that we begin to see some momentum behind the team in 2023.

Here's my optimistic goal--we beat BCU and end the season on a nice run and make some random bowl game this year. Then if we start next season 3-0 (Duke, @ Georgia St, FIU), then we head into a Week 4 matchup against NC State at The Rent. If all of the above happens, I could see us getting a near sellout and we reintroduce the country to UConn Football with the full backing of the CT fans. To me, that is the goal (stretch goal, but not unattainable).

Reaction Score
Agree with the post that said our improvement, even if we win next week, probably won’t lead to a big increase in attendance, but it should lead to a big increase in energy in the stadium. For the diehards who have either stuck with this team or have been just desperate for a reason to come back this is really exciting. For those who football is just a distraction until basketball starts it’s just a slightly less bad team.

That said, with the next home game being bcu, homecoming, and at noon on Halloween weekend (students will see this as an extra party and not have to decide between the game and Halloween parties back at campus) it should be the best crowd of the year pending weather

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I know it's petty, but I keep coming back to this post to figure out who Jezz is and where he said that.
A colon after a name refers to that person's statement.
Mora: "Hard things are hard."
If it's supposed to be Jeez (aka Geez) I get it. But Jezz just sounds like something VERY different.

Reaction Score
The Homecoming game always brought in fans/former UConn students that only went to one game a year. The exception was the monsoon game against UMass. You could tell from the groups in the parking lots. So with it being BC I would expect a good showing. If we can win against Ball State it will really up the energy level. Should be the largest crowd of the year.

Reaction Score
I know it's petty, but I keep coming back to this post to figure out who Jezz is and where he said that.
A colon after a name refers to that person's statement.
Mora: "Hard things are hard."
If it's supposed to be Jeez (aka Geez) I get it. But Jezz just sounds like something VERY different
Duh, it was suppose to be Jeez, as in the lord's name. Get your head out of the gutter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom