OT: - Jeter who?? | The Boneyard

OT: Jeter who??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Didi Gegorious almost single handedly pulls the Yankees to an incredible upset win in Cleveland
with 2 HR's of Cy Young winner to be Kluber. :D:D:D

A worthy successor to Jeter.

Pull's Girardi and Judge's butt out of the fire.

Reaction Score
[Pull's Girardi and Judge's butt out of the fire.[/QUOTE]

Not so much, at least regarding Judge. It was his poetic catch of what would have been a 2-run home run by Francisco Lindor that saved the team in Game 3 and started the epic turnaround.

No need to be a hater. Judge is one of the good ones.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I love everything about this young man, with the exception of his ability to hit a breaking ball. Hopefully Judge will master that skill just like he’s mastered pretty much everything else.
Even Barry Bonds who, PED's not withstanding, I consider the greatest hitter of my lifetime, struggled with breaking balls early in his career. Barry's technique was flawless. He went to the plate with an idea, used his batting eye to force hitters counts, then zoned the pitch or selected which type of pitch he would swing at. This to me is the best way for a free swinger to mature into a great hitter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
[Pull's Girardi and Judge's butt out of the fire.

Not so much, at least regarding Judge. It was his poetic catch of what would have been a 2-run home run by Francisco Lindor that saved the team in Game 3 and started the epic turnaround.

No need to be a hater. Judge is one of the good ones.[/QUOTE]

No hate on my part but if we lost, he would be more inundated with questions about his strike out records. Now he has a chance to improve and show it was an outlier. (Hopefully)

Unfortunately, I do think his height leads to additional problems making strikeouts more probable even in the best of circumstances. But if he can get to where Dave Winfield was but with his power numbers intact, that would be wonderful.

Reaction Score
Didi has been consistently good all season and I love his game, but he needs about 10 years to be up there with Jete. Stop cracking on Girardi, they wouldn’t be where they are without him and I for one hope they bring him back next year.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
While I have mixed feelings about Girardi, I would expect him back next year. Everyone says the Yankees were not supposed to be this successful this year, yet there they are. And, I think he is a good manager. The best (ever, or even in the game today) - NO. But good, absolutely.

Reaction Score
While I have mixed feelings about Girardi, I would expect him back next year. Everyone says the Yankees were not supposed to be this successful this year, yet there they are. And, I think he is a good manager. The best (ever, or even in the game today) - NO. But good, absolutely.
Yankees could or would have won game 2 if he didnt pull Sabathia so early!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Dont like Girardi as a manager! They need to fire him and hire Don Mattingly and as an extra, trade for Stanton cheap since The Marlins want to cut payroll.

I am not a fan of Girardi. He is married to his notebooks and makes his game plan out accordingly. He either has lost or never had a feel for the game. He does not trust what he sees. He can't seem to deviate from his pre-concived plans. I think he's run his course after 10 years.

I don't see Mattingly becoming manager if Girardi is gone. Could be Brad Ausmus, but I think he winds up as the Sox new manager.

Judge is learning still. The breaking ball is the most difficult pitch to hit when correctly thrown. His height has a lot to do with it. From what
I've seen so far, Judge will work his tail off to get much better at hitting the breaking ball.

Reaction Score
I am not thrilled by Joe Girardi as NY manager.
He is too much a micro-manager, wanting to control every aspect of the game! What made Joe Torre such a great manager was he really trusted his players and let them play the game! Giardi doesn't trust his team!
When he wouldn't challenge the hit batter call he didn't trust Sanchez' telling him that the ball hit the bat not the hand!
I wish they would get a manager that would play total baseball, meaning bunt for a base hit, sacrifice bunt, hit to the other field, steal bases, etc as well as use the power hitting. There is so much talent on this team that is not being utilized!
Giardi last year in a post game press conference after the Yankees got 10 hits but couldn't drive them in and was asked what more he can do as manager to spark the team and give them a better chance to win. He answered, "we're not that type of ballclub, we're a power hitting team." This team swings for the fences too much that they don't really see the pitch! Well if you can't hit home runs you need something to fall back on!
For example, with Brett Gardner batting leadoff, and supposed to be one of the fastest runners in baseball he should use all aspects of the bunt when he comes up to bat! He does nothing offensively that takes advantage of his speed and when he gets on base is afraid to steal a base! Giardi should have all his players force the opposition into mistakes.

Reaction Score
Yankees could or would have won game 2 if he didnt pull Sabathia so early!

Nah Joe's been ok this series they just have to hit the ball. No one can keep their hands back and take a pitch the other way, that's been the key. The Astro pitchers are toying with the big guns because of this, it's on the offense at this point. Can you believe the DH position is 0-30 since the Twins playoff game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom