Jessie Govan crystal ball | The Boneyard

Jessie Govan crystal ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For what it's worth there are 8 predictions on 247 and all have him going to UConn. We could really use an elite big man not to mention this would guarantee us a top 10 class with Prince Ali and Willie Jackson. I hope we get him and wrap things up with Isaiah Briscoe and Josh Sharma or Noah Dickerson. We currently have the #2 recruiting class in 2015 but don't be surprised to see us finish number 1. KO is doing serious work on the recruiting trail.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seriously? Wow. Great news if all true. Not that you would post something that's not true, but recruiting can change on a dime...

Reaction Score
Have heard that it's between us and Seton Hall, but that was a while back. Not sure if more schools have gotten involved since then, but have to like our chances vs. Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
from what I hear, bigger fish are starting to calling.. ville and KU are the top schools

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Most of the predictions coincide with Jessie's visit during the SMU game. I think you can chalk up the crystal ball as simply indicating that we are his most recent (and high profile) visit.

Reaction Score
most of the time crystal ball, s are educated guesses at best

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Most of the predictions coincide with Jessie's visit during the SMU game. I think you can chalk up the crystal ball as simply indicating that we are his most recent (and high profile) visit.

Amazing that he'd come if he visited during that game. Ugh. Still gives me heartburn.

Reaction Score
Why don't I see any of our guys on the 2015 list at ESPN? Do we have the top class as of now only because we have 2 and no other teams have more than 1?

Reaction Score
from what I hear, bigger fish are starting to calling.. ville and KU are the top schools

Hope you mean bigger than Seton Hall because UL and KU are the kind of schools we should be recruiting against (and beating).

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
When exactly did we offer? Can't find us on 247 but they do have the dates for Seton Hall, Louisville, AZ and G'town. Would like to know who we beat out on offering. We obviously need every inch and pound he has to offer.

Reaction Score

Its not 1999 anymore, ville is def not a bigger fish than us, and uk is more of a peer school

Reaction Score
After the Devin Robinson situation where Meyer and alot of the other guys who make crystal ball predictions stated that UConn was one of his leaders when they had stopped recruiting him hard for quite some time I look at these crystal ball predictions with a side eye. They're good when a committment is imminent, not so much when things are far away from a done deal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After the Devin Robinson situation where Meyer and alot of the other guys who make crystal ball predictions stated that UConn was one of his leaders when they had stopped recruiting him hard for quite some time I look at these crystal ball predictions with a side eye. They're good when a committment is imminent, not so much when things are far away from a done deal.

Although, if the coaching staff stopped recruiting this kid, we need to get them a defibrillator. We need all hands on deck helping his mom in and out of the car every morning. And yeah, predictions are worthless.

Reaction Score
Louisville has 3 Centers coming in next year with Onuaku (6’10”), Mahmoud (7’1”) and Stockman (7’2”).
Plus Mathiang will be a Junior by then. That’s a lot of size already. They also have a 6’9” PF coming next year too.

Reaction Score
Way to much talk of balls here for my liking, so I'll just leave this thread alone.

Reaction Score
Why don't I see any of our guys on the 2015 list at ESPN? Do we have the top class as of now only because we have 2 and no other teams have more than 1?

ESPN is one of the worst recruiting sites out there and they rarely update profiles. We have the number 2 recruiting class based off 247's composite ranking of the major recruiting services. Will Jackson is #29 and Prince Ali is 69. A lot of schools have 2 commitments in 2015.

Reaction Score
ESPN is one of the worst recruiting sites out there and they rarely update profiles. We have the number 2 recruiting class based off 247's composite ranking of the major recruiting services. Will Jackson is #29 and Prince Ali is 69. A lot of schools have 2 commitments in 2015.
Right. But a lot of the big boys in 2015 have yet to commit. I suspect, if we get a ranked big-guy, we'll end up in the Top 10, and if it's a very highly ranked big guy, or we get one other really talented player, we end up in the Top 5.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So does anyone think that these 8 guys know anything? Or are they just a bunch of guys with laptops in their mom's basement? His best offers right now are UConn and Arizona. He's a NY kid and you'd exepct us to have an edge. But there is a long way to go, and who knows what he's thinking. Not these guys I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom