Jesse Palmer nailed it | The Boneyard

Jesse Palmer nailed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with being so deliberate on offense is that it puts a lot of pressure on the offense when facing opponents you should beat. It might keep you close as an underdog but it helps the underdog when you are the favorite.

Reaction Score
We're so predictably, and obviously bad, we made Jesse Palmer good at his job.

Jesse Palmer has never been good at anything he's ever done, and even he has made the same points about blitzes, and spreading the field that many (nearly all) of us here on the yard have made.

Congrats Bob & Co, Jesse Palmer looks competent, if only for a moment, because of you.

A "thank you" fruit basket will probably show up at the Burton tomorrow.

I hate us.

Reaction Score
I used to attend Giants training camp in Albany. I used to love to watch Jesse Palmer play catch. He threw perfect spiral after perfect spiral. The way the ball came out of his hand and flew was an absolute thing of beauty. I'm not saying he was a good NFL QB. I am saying that he threw the prettiest ball I have ever seen. Mesmerizing.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Jesse Palmer has never been good at anything he's ever done, and even he has made the same points about blitzes, and spreading the field that many (nearly all) of us here on the yard have made.

Congrats Bob & Co, Jesse Palmer looks competent, if only for a moment, because of you.

A "thank you" fruit basket will probably show up at the Burton tomorrow.

I hate us.
Jesse Palmer is generally regarded as one of the best newcomers by most college football fans. He is very knowledgeable. I was shocked to see people here saying he sucks last night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I used to attend Giants training camp in Albany. I used to love to watch Jesse Palmer play catch. He threw perfect spiral after perfect spiral. The way the ball came out of his hand and flew was an absolute thing of beauty. I'm not saying he was a good NFL QB. I am saying that he threw the prettiest ball I have ever seen. Mesmerizing.

You ever get a chance to catch one of his balls?

Reaction Score

Pal is mesmerized by Jesse Palmer's balls.

Maybe he will give you a rose.

Reaction Score
Was listening to Sirius-XM on the way home from the gym.Rick Neuheusel made a point on Oklahoma that is salient to UConn. When asked if the Sooners could recover during the next stretch of conference season after their defensive backfield has been lit up in earlier games, he responded that he didn't think that they could & that the high powered offenses in the XII would light up the scoreboard. Applying this logic to last night's game & UConn's performance thus far, Houston is XII ready, both offensively & on defense. UConn can't compete on that level. They play slow, methodical, with a lack of urgency. On defense they get torched.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I heard Palmer say that also...and I think he is right. I agree with his comment that UConn looked good opening it up a bit. I am not sure the o line is good enough to create holes for the running game...and not sure about the RBs either. It feels like the best weapons are Noel, Hergy and the TEs.

Cincy can score...they need to get off quick on offense to have a chance. (yet i have a bad feeling that Cincy will start their converted punter at QB and he will throw for 400 yards.

Reaction Score
Thought I saw a stat that of the 300 minutes that UConn has played this year, we've only been ahead 11 minutes of that time... and since we haven't scored in the 1st quarter this year, that has to place an
inordinate amount of pressure on an offense that hasn't been built to play from behind.
Last night's punt fest was especially frustrating where HCBD refused even to press for a 1st down both when the game was in it's infancy (the run on 3rd and 3 and the ensuing punt at the end of the 1st qtr) and at least 2-3 punts in the 4Q when we on Houston's side of the 50.

Reaction Score
Jesse Palmer is great at being Jesse Palmer. Which apparently is enough.

Reaction Score
My wife said Jesse's shirt collar was too small, his suit too tight and that scruff facial hair "so yesterday". That's how she rates analysts!
His most cogent comment was when he noted that UH was having trouble running and would be passing to the edges. After they burned us he said we needed to blitz and press cover the receivers. He was right and generally spot on all night.
He did however, remain looking like crap!

Reaction Score
Nope, just watched. Perfect spiral after perfect spiral. I almost touched one once.
It is okay to admire a QBS passes, but do not be mesmerized by his balls.

Reaction Score
Was listening to Sirius-XM on the way home from the gym.Rick Neuheusel made a point on Oklahoma that is salient to UConn. When asked if the Sooners could recover during the next stretch of conference season after their defensive backfield has been lit up in earlier games, he responded that he didn't think that they could & that the high powered offenses in the XII would light up the scoreboard. Applying this logic to last night's game & UConn's performance thus far, Houston is XII ready, both offensively & on defense. UConn can't compete on that level. They play slow, methodical, with a lack of urgency. On defense they get torched.

Please define "salient"?

Reaction Score
I understood everything but "salient"...

And Neuheusel is right about UCONN Football... unfortunately.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The problem with being so deliberate on offense is that it puts a lot of pressure on the offense when facing opponents you should beat. It might keep you close as an underdog but it helps the underdog when you are the favorite.

F^c Jesse Palmer too.

-bachelor--jesse-fumbles-rose-ceremony---the-bache-lrg.png

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In summary...Palatine is mesmerized by Jesse Palmer's balls.

Capt. Kirk will be jealous.

Reaction Score
I think he's a very competent analyst. I know the culture around here is to destroy every ESPN person minus, Herbstreit, Schulman and Bilas. Some of the other ones are very good too. Palmer, Fowler, Andy North. Brad Gilbert on tennis is awesome.

ESPN still is much better than Fox, CBS productions.

Reaction Score
In summary...Palatine is mesmerized by Jesse Palmer's balls.

Capt. Kirk will be jealous.

Well, yeah, that's what I said. But I gotta warn you. If you ever get the chance. Take a gander. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom