JerseyBoycott? | The Boneyard

JerseyBoycott?

Reaction Score
Buried in there is that Jordan Scott's offer has been pulled.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Yep. I would take him, but what do I know. The staff is just more excited about people like Blackshear, Sheffield, etc.

I wonder what we are doing with Mensah. And I hope we are still pursuing Gamble and Maize.

In the end, I trust the staff - Lashlee, Crocker, Grimes and Edsall know a helleva lot more than Diaco & Co.

And yes, we shouldnt bother recruiting at Raritan HS. I'm not buying the notion the whole state is closed off...at all.

Reaction Score
Yep. I would take him, but what do I know. The staff is just more excited about people like Blackshear, Sheffield, etc.

I wonder what we are doing with Mensah. And I hope we are still pursuing Gamble and Maize.

In the end, I trust the staff - Lashlee, Crocker, Grimes and Edsall know a helleva lot more than Diaco & Co.

And yes, we shouldnt bother recruiting at Raritan HS. I'm not buying the notion the whole state is closed off...at all.
We all know it happens every year with a different coach. What makes this different is the coaching change. This wasn't a a scumbag move, this was a you don't fit goings forward move.

Jc shuburt is spot on.

Reaction Score

I thought he would be the exact type of guy randy would target. Must not fit Rhetts idea. Interesting and a bit surprising.

Reaction Score
Not to worry. Rutgers hasn't been themselves lately. They are due, any day now, to be...well Rutgers. The story line will change and everyone will move on.

Reaction Score

Yeah... kinda referenced that last night in Recruiting Forum. His social media history flipped around a bit but he didn't actually "decommit" yet. He was looking to visit Storrs in coming weeks.

Reaction Score
We all know it happens every year with a different coach. What makes this different is the coaching change. This wasn't a a scumbag move, this was a you don't fit goings forward move.

Jc shuburt is spot on.

Tom Luginbill essentially said the same thing yesterday on College Football Live.

Reaction Score
Pulling an offer will have no impact. At the end of the day, young Dickens did not fit and that is what is explained
to any potential recruit. There was no significant economic impact by the young lad's family with picking up a college scholarship with another
institution.

2nd "end of the day"... if you are a potential recruit and are offered by UCONN and the current coach, you will look at the opportunity and weigh all factors. The fact that an offer was pulled
given the coaching change is a NON-factor. The chance to attend a great school is a salient factor, especially if there are no other schools of equal stature academically present in the offer process.

The bigger present question, IMO, those in the know must be asking themselves. If young Dickens had a 3.9 QPR at 6'1"/200 lb inside linebacker and a 4.9 40 yard time (??) and was offered by Penn and Cornell, why was he not attending those schools. ? Was it economic?? Ivy's don't issue athletic scholarships but have "substantial" "academic packages based on income. Has he had good guidance on school selection?
The issues for each family and recruit can be complicated. Most of the public including the BY were not privy to any and all discussions.

Life is about making choices....good luck young Dickens....

Reaction Score
Precisely, and it appears his coach acted accordingly saying he understood and was repositioning Jordan Scott among available schools.
Bigger question, if these players are so tremendous.... why weren't they offered by Rutgers?

Reaction Score
At this point in time you have to wonder if his whiny parents and coach regret going to the press with this.
My guess is not one bit. I'll bet his parents are happy they extracted their pound of flesh for revenge and are hoping for more. As far as his coach...what does he care...it's one less school vying for his kids and fact of the matter is most of the top talent in his district goes to one of these 3 private schools: Red Bank Catholic, St John Vianney and Mater Dei Prep

Reaction Score

Yes, but Scott never committed. No problem pulling an offer to a kid that's uncommitted. Offers have unspoken deadlines in most cases.

Reaction Score
Yes, but Scott never committed. No problem pulling an offer to a kid that's uncommitted. Offers have unspoken deadlines in most cases.
Yeah, I wasn't talking about that. Scott was a kid we were impressed with because he showed speed, which Diaco apparently didn't think was essential since he landed so few kids whose highlights impressed you with sheer speed.

Reaction Score
At this point in time you have to wonder if his whiny parents and coach regret going to the press with this.
Not at all Jimmy.
With the press help, he was able to strategically get out word to every school in the country with minimal effort on their part. It took all of 7 days to have new envelopment.

Reaction Score
I thought he would be the exact type of guy randy would target. Must not fit Rhetts idea. Interesting and a bit surprising.

The WRs spend 60-70% of their time blocking in his scheme so you need big physical guys that can take on a CB 1-1. Makes more sense when you look at it that way

Reaction Score
Not at all Jimmy.
With the press help, he was able to strategically get out word to every school in the country with minimal effort on their part. It took all of 7 days to have new envelopment.
Not only that, but when we get hurt we want to hurt back. It's human nature. On some level they may be reveling in the shet storm. The kid had his dream of playing fb on scholarship at UCONN yanked from him. I really get their desire to make the school look bad, and am under no illusion that I'd take the high road myself in a similar situation. On this board we've criticized Petrino for doing this, because well, he is Petrino and Louisville.

That said Edsall isn't or shouldn't be losing any sleep over this. Kid doesn't fit going forward with the new staff. That is the only thing he will have to say on the trail. He didn't offer him initially.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What happened to the whole commitable/uncommitable offer deal? Is that still a thing? Or is only for the p-5?

Reaction Score
People can puff their chests all they want and swear no NJ recruit will ever set foot in Storrs, but if UConn comes knocking on my door to offer me a free education and I don't have any other comparative/competitive offers, NJ could go itself for all I care unless they want to subsidize my education, room and board and books on their own dime at a comparative education level.

It's totally understandable the kid and his family are hurt by this decision and are taking it personally. If I were 18 and this happened to me, I would too. I don't hold any grudges for an 18 year old acting like an 18 year old. Someone really needs to have a sit down with him and maybe more-so his parents to give them a heaping dose of reality. This kid seems like he really wants to play college football. Not be on a college football team, but play. It's come to light, that he wasn't going to play at UConn. He would have burned his redshirt and maybe another year and then would have gone somewhere else to realize his college dream. They can spit as much venom at UConn and HCRE as they want, but sooner than later they are going to realize that Edsall did them a huge favor by giving him the opportunity to find a different place where he can contribute.

People are acting like this is the biggest and most morally corrupt thing in the world. Can somebody please explain to me what is so commendable about allowing a kid to ride the bench of a football team and waste his years of eligibility because the current HC didn't want to hurt somebody's feelings based on what a completely different HC promised? Yea, I'm sure that wouldn't cause any hurt feelings or breed any contempt on one side or the other.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why? The press is overwhelmingly on his side. The real question how does Edsall respond come three weeks from yesterday morning, if at all.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The WRs spend 60-70% of their time blocking in his scheme so you need big physical guys that can take on a CB 1-1. Makes more sense when you look at it that way

Which maybe part of the attraction to the 6'6'' Elliott Brown. Someone that can be coached up to block downfield as a WR while also pulling in some receptions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom