Jersey Guy...Warde Is Gone.. | The Boneyard

Jersey Guy...Warde Is Gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is a done deal he says and makes suggestions for a replacements.
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=13224
This writing was pretty much on the wall anyway. Anyone suggesting Larry M or The Ct High School Football Coaches have a hand in the decision on who is next should be taken out behind the old wood shed. They brought us P & G...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What is the deal with Blauds. Does he have a real job?

Reaction Score
I always thought Tim Pernetti got the shaft at Rutgers and had experience and success in Rutgers transition into the B1G. I know there are multiple factors but Pernetti seems like he would be a good candidate. He was running NY major league Soccer and currently with IMG. I am hoping he gets consideration.

Reaction Score
It is a done deal he says and makes suggestions for a replacements.
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=13224
This writing was pretty much on the wall anyway. Anyone suggesting Larry M or The Ct High School Football Coaches have a hand in the decision on who is next should be taken out behind the old wood shed. They brought us P & G...

Larry M. is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees. He will certainly play a role in this as he did when Warde was hired.

Reaction Score
Are any of the names listed by the Jersey Guy people who would gain the instant respect of the athletic directors in the B12, B10 or ACC? I am skeptical. They sound like people who want a cushy state job and will stay until they are forced out because UConn is still in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Larry M. is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees. He will certainly play a role in this as he did when Warde was hired.
He was also involved in Hathaway's hire. And who knows how he felt about PP. I'd trust this process to Susan.

I get it guys and no argument here with anyone. I realize Larry's position on the board and could care less what he rubber stamps. The search for Warde was well done and took six months. The search for Paul took more like six days with Larry being the lead pony. He was as giddy as a kid in a candy shop while many of us were bleeding from screaming NOOOOOOOOO!!! Simply the most devastating setback in the schools history.
In Susan and the committee she assembles I trust. Out of respect as I know he is liked by many may he get to nod in approval when they are done.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
That would be interesting. Sounds like we can't put any trust in this writer.

Another name which popped up on Wednesday as speculation about the next UConn AD started to grow was Oliver Luck, former West Virginia AD (and father of Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck), who is currently working at the NCAA,, ostensibly as the No. 2 man behind NCAA President Mark Emmert. But a role at UConn, dealing with the challenge of guiding UConn through the next several years might intrigue him.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
My bet is she already has a short list and has had one for some time as this rumor has been swirling for quite some time now. Pres H is sharp and I am confided she will make the right hire. I feel like UCONN is in a much better place Administration wise now than it was before so we will be ok. As far as the right candidate, I have no idea who it could be, but it should be someone who has the right connections in the P5 conferences, has been involved with Big Boy Football and can establish great relationships in the areas UCONN needs help the most in.. Keep that endowment growing, continue what Warde and company has started, he does deserve credit for making good hires and raising the academic profile of the athletic department as a whole. The foundation has been set, now who can build the building....

Reaction Score
Are any of the names listed by the Jersey Guy people who would gain the instant respect of the athletic directors in the B12, B10 or ACC? I am skeptical. They sound like people who want a cushy state job and will stay until they are forced out because UConn is still in the AAC.

How much do you know about Corrigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek