Jerome Hunter tore his achilles tendon | The Boneyard

Jerome Hunter tore his achilles tendon

Reaction Score

Might not be super relevant unless we play Xavier in the BET, but absolute bummer for the kid. Finally cleared from his heart problem and suffers a major injury in practice. Wishing him the best, loved the way he was playing last year

I just feel terrible for the kid-he just can't catch a break. He is reminding me of Akok Akok. The worst thing about this is achilles injuries are just awful, we know that, but the timing. Is he going to be able to play at all next season? I don't think so as achilles injuries usually take 10-12 months to recover after surgery.

Reaction Score
Terrible. This kind of thing happens and you need some luck as an individual and team to evade it.

Reaction Score
Jerome Hunter is my type of player.

Sounds like with this year's injury, he might have eligibility next season. If that's the case, hope he gets healthy and play next season. Just a hard-nosed, smart blue collar forward.

Reaction Score
Such a shame. Imagine X with a healthy Hunter and Freemantle on this team. Injuries are part of sports, but the severity of these two setbacks (heart and Achilles) is very rare indeed. I'm very sad for him and our X friends.

Even if he returns next year, the majority of Achilles returnees aren't nearly themselves until year 2, not year 1 after the injury. I've been watching Justin Moore this year, and it's clear he doesn't have the same lift or explosion as before. Villanova fans have noted this.

Hope Hunter comes back strong, and also has a plan for life after college.

Reaction Score
Really sucks. I liked his game, hope he comes back fully healthy next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom