Jeremy Lamb | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the 30 points he put up tonite seemed to come with ease. one minute he had 12 the next thing you know he`s sitting on 28.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
He won't be as good as Sullinger but he'll be a better pro than Kemba.

Reaction Score
5/8 from 3 is great to see. picks up where in left off in the touney

Reaction Score
His efficiency is incredible, never forces anything. Sullinger will put up big number and Ohio State needs him to, they don't have nearly the amount of talent as we do. Not saying Lamb will get player of the year necessarily but I do think he'll be the best player and he will without a doubt be a better nba player than Sullinger.

Reaction Score
is going to be the best player in the country.

Yes, I think so. We've been blessed with some brilliant, brilliant wings. But I can't help but think that Lamb is going to be a notch above them all. The rational part of my brain tells me that's an insane, idiotic comment. And yet....

Reaction Score
Yes, I think so. We've been blessed with some brilliant, brilliant wings. But I can't help but think that Lamb is going to be a notch above them all. The rational part of my brain tells me that's an insane, idiotic comment. And yet....

well, thats not to far fetched. the two best wings we`ve had were rip and ray. hes a better shooter than rip and already has a national title. he may become as good a shooter as ray was at uconn and could be a better all round offensive player and is better than both ever were defensively.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb trending on twitter, do they count that towards POY voting?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His efficiency is incredible, never forces anything. Sullinger will put up big number and Ohio State needs him to, they don't have nearly the amount of talent as we do. Not saying Lamb will get player of the year necessarily but I do think he'll be the best player and he will without a doubt be a better nba player than Sullinger.

He's a UConn player. By default, he ain't getting player of the year. Ray, Emeka and Kemba can attest to that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
well, thats not to far fetched. the two best wings we`ve had were rip and ray. hes a better shooter than rip and already has a national title. he may become as good a shooter as ray was at uconn and could be a better all round offensive player and is better than both ever were defensively.

Not than Ray imo.

Reaction Score
Not than Ray imo.

Why not? My quibble with champs' post would be that no one could call Jeremy a better shooter than Ray or Rip right now. But his "could be" potential as an all around offensive player? Maybe he doesn't have the raw athletic power Ray did when he was here, but his odd lankiness seems to compensate for that.

I don't know...it seems crazy to say, but I think Jeremy could end being a player at a level above any we've seen here. And we've seen some darn good players. And a level above them means...well, I don't even want to allow myself to think about that.

Long way to go, obviously.

Reaction Score
Lamb has only played 1 season and one game. I'd say he stacks up VERY favorably to any Husky given only 42 games. I really doubt Rip or Ray was better than Jeremy at the start of their second season. The kid is a very special player... already.

Reaction Score
There's some heavy stuff going down here because Ray Allen is the NBA reigning all time 3 point leader and future HAll of Famer and it ain't gonna be easy to get past that. Let me see him dominate Syracuse and Pitt with 30 first, it was Columbia.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Jeremy was so good tonight. Like someone mentioned above he's just so damn smooth and never forces anything. Just a terrific player to watch.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
His shot goes up so softly and he has a great eye when shooting open shots and showed great range tonight. The dunk was awesome and a statement that this isn't are hesitant freshman Jeremy. He is playing with great confidence. I think that we will need to see how he does against stronger and better defensive teams.....can he get his shot off if guarded closely by a big, quality defender? I think he can and will, but his shot has a much lower release point than Ray's. Great to see Bazz shooting it better, which will help Jeremy a lot. Now if DD gets going, NG comes back shooting well, TO shoots with confidence, RB gets to play and gives us a boost off the bench, and AO and AD dominate the rebounding, we could be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Lamb is going to have some days this year similar to what Ben Gordon went through as a sophomore, when the defense effectively schemes to stop him and he forces shots and goes 4-15. It'll be an adjustment for him - since he was a complementary player in most of high school career and then again last year. Playing for Team USA will help in that regard - he scored 35 against Lithuania, but then had a 2-16 night in the last game. All part of the learning process. The key is if he keeps that floater in his arsenal, it makes him so tough to defend, since he can shoot threes and, rumor has it, dunk in people. And as he gets a little stronger, he can stay on balance to shoot that floater while a defender bumps him.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Jeremy reminds me a lot of a shorter version of Kevin Durant. And if he can be anything like Durant in the NBA, that'll be one hell of a player.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He was special in this game on both ends of the court. I would say a couple of times he failed to keep his player from getting into the lane, but I'm nit picking.

I'm going to keep my comment game to game at least for now. I don't want to mess with the mojo.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
highlights from tonight's game

Thanks for the post. Gotta say ... watching the highlights is much different than watching it in person. Kid looks DEADLY.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He was special in this game on both ends of the court. I would say a couple of times he failed to keep his player from getting into the lane, but I'm nit picking.

I'm going to keep my comment game to game at least for now. I don't want to mess with the mojo.
Have to disagree to some extent here. There were several times when Lamb was lazy on defense and either extended or back peddled and gave up some really easy threes. He has to want to play D with a vengence and he didn't tonight. He was smoother than water on ice on O, but he has to play better D.

Reaction Score
The crossover for 3 at the end of the 1st half is something you see KD do every night. He's become so good off the dribble with the crossover, he showed it alot in the U19 tourney, its gonna be an effective weapon for him in creating space to rise up for his jumper.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Have to disagree to some extent here. There were several times when Lamb was lazy on defense and either extended or back peddled and gave up some really easy threes. He has to want to play D with a vengence and he didn't tonight. He was smoother than water on ice on O, but he has to play better D.

Agree with this ... a lot of times it seemed it was the result of him trying to go for the steal (lazily).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom