Jeremy Lamb - something or nothing? | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb - something or nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone see this? Catch the look JL gets from Westbrook at the :20 mark. The only other time this season I've seen Lamb in the media is when Durant went off on him for not passing. Doesn't seem like a good thing, pissing off the two biggest stars on the team. New team for him next year?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anyone see this? Catch the look JL gets from Westbrook at the :20 mark. The only other time this season I've seen Lamb in the media is when Durant went off on him for not passing. Doesn't seem like a good thing, pissing off the two biggest stars on the team. New team for him next year?

Really, really wanted Lamb to get traded to Charlotte in that rumored Stephenson trade, he is the perfect fit for a team lacking a shooter. Thunder fans seem to really think highly of Lamb but complain that Brooks (whose currently in the hot seat) never gives him a chance, they say Lamb is lights out during the sporadic garbage minutes he gets. Brooks will be out of a job (rightfully so) by the end of the season and I expect to see Lamb moved in the offseason as well. Total logjam at the 2 spot in OKC with Waiters, Morrow, and Jackson getting burn there as well.

Reaction Score

You're being serious?

Reaction Score
Lamb is a major bust, Westbrook probably thinking we traded Harden away and thinks of that when he looks at JL

So I can put you down in the "nothing" column?

Reaction Score
On a micro level- something
Looked very much like JL missed the slap on purpose.

On a macro level- nothing
They could've had an argument in practice, or had a disagreement about dinner plans. Something as seemingly small as this probably won't have an impact on the entire team, unless it was happening between more than two players and on more than one occasion.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
He needs to get out of there. It's like they've been helping him build his confidence only to bring guys in to take his playing time. He been to the d- league like 5 times ? He needs to go to a younger , up and coming squad maybe. I'd love to see him on the Knicks or Charlotte .

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd rather see one of our guys playing in Absurdistan than on the Knicks. Couldn't imagine a worse situation for a professional.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd rather see one of our guys playing in Absurdistan than on the Knicks. Couldn't imagine a worse situation for a professional.
Lol. I'm not a Knicks fan but playing time and expectations are better for him there. There's other teams he can go to also. My blue colored goggles won't let me believe that Lamb won't be a good pro.

Reaction Score
So I can put you down in the "nothing" column?
Yup, they just couldn't connect on the first high five, I've seen Westbook do that mean muggin' stare down thing before and he was clearly playing. He does look pissed here but I'm guessing he smiles at some point after the video cuts off. I can't imagine he would be that mad over a missed high five. Lamb does need to get the heck out of that dumpster fire though, Brooks is a disaster and clearly has a problem with Lamb.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lol. I'm not a Knicks fan but playing time and expectations are better for him there. There's other teams he can go to also. My blue colored goggles won't let me believe that Lamb won't be a good pro.
I dont think anyone is saying he is or is going to be a bad pro, and anyone that is is a moron. Lamb has the perfect body for a successful SG in the NBA; height, a good stroke, great off the ball movement, and most importantly absurd length/wingspan. His defensive potential is that of Jimmy Butler who is a First Team All-NBA Defense level player.

The Knicks are a perpetual mess, but playing in NY is always a great opportunity and they could really use his skillset.

Reaction Score
Lamb would absolutely be getting a minimum of 20 min a game with Hornets right now. Such a shame he is stuck in his current situation. Hornets need a player like Lamb.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb will probably have a career path similar to John Salmons. A similar career statistically wouldn't be bad for Lamb either.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Lamb plays Zero Defense. at best he is an 8th man type. scorer off the bench when your team needs a slight spark.

Reaction Score
Lamb plays Zero Defense. at best he is an 8th man type. scorer off the bench when your team needs a slight spark.
I read something somewhere that he has actually been a very good defensive player this year in the time he's played. I haven't really watched the thunder much so i wouldn't know though

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

spreading your usual honey I see

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
spreading your usual honey I see

I've seen Lamb in action Numerous times in the nba.
dude can score but has no clue defensively.
he'st oo slow and not quick enough or strong enough to guard or rebound in the nba.
there's a reason why okc doesn't play him more and that's it.

Reaction Score
this is nothing , if anything humurous. dudes with eachother on the bench all the time. see Joakim Noah + tony snell youtube.

as far as lamb his story isn't finished, has shown plenty of upside and is respected league wide. he is classified as a gifted shooter ( which he is), his spot in the L aint going nowhere

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Looks like this was just a high-five gone wrong. I think if Westbrook was mad over a shot Lamb took and wanted to stare him down, he wouldn't wait until he was back on the bench with his warm-ups on to do it.

Reaction Score
Where is Lamb in his contract? He's in year three and what are his options?

Reaction Score
Something. Kid has had few nice scoring games but for whatever reason he hasn't gotten real shot there. One thing though, he is still rail thin. Kid is a pro, needs to develop his body in that manner. With that body type 2 guards will abuse him if he is out there for extended periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom