Jeremy Lamb appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb appreciation thread

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Who was the last freshman who played such a significant role to success on our team over the entire course of their freshman year?

Can’t see us winning 2011 without him.

Watching his tape he was leaps and bounds beyond where Bouk and Hawk were their freshman years.

Edit: still big things to come from Bouk and Hawk

Reaction Score
Who was the last freshman who played such a significant role to success on our team over the entire course of their freshman year?

Watching his tape he was leaps and bounds beyond where Bouk and Hawk were their freshman years.

No freshman before or since had as big an impact on a season as lamb. Boone would be my second pick.

Reaction Score
No freshman before or since had as big an impact on a season as lamb. Boone would be my second pick.
Lamb played in the same backcourt with one of our greatest players ever.
Josh Boone got to play next to the best bigs in our history.
I know some tend to ignore those facts
Comparisons that don’t consider those factors are extremely unfair to players who didn’t get the same benefit.
Those guys became excellent complementary players to our grest stars but neither came close to carrying a team , like Bouk or Sonogo.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Khalid El-Amin had the biggest impact as a freshman and it's not close.

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Khalid but Boone and Lamb were huge in 04 and in 2011. Needed all 3 in those years to win those championships. Great memories.

Reaction Score
Good cases can be made for each of them. I would offer, we weren't supposed to win Lamb's freshman year. The role he played on a team that many thought wouldn't even make it to the tourney gives him a slight edge. KEA was the better player, Boone maybe the most unexpected. But Lamb helped deliver in a year we almost an afterthought.

Reaction Score
Lamb was also an important piece on defense. His "Inspector Gadget"arms blocked or deflected numerous balls and he intimidated opponents with his length.

Reaction Score
The lamb shake sounds like a really disgusting post workout smoothie.
Sounds Joe Rogen approved.

Lamb is probably on my Mount Rushmore of favorite players post-graduation (08-09 and beyond).

What I appreciated about him most was how soft his shot was. Even when he missed, it would pillow off the rim. It was like he almost never took a bad shot.

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody mentioned Freshman Kemba in 2009. I know that Final Four team was stacked, but Kemba played a very key role on that team coming up big in the NCAA Tournament. Im pretty sure he had over 20 points in the Elite 8 win vs Missouri.

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody mentioned Freshman Kemba in 2009. I know that Final Four team was stacked, but Kemba played a very key role on that team coming up big in the NCAA Tournament. Im pretty sure he had over 20 points in the Elite 8 win vs Missouri.

OP said "over the course of their entire freshman season," and while Kemba was good as a freshman, there isn't really an argument that he had the same kind of impact on that veteran-laden 09 team that Lamb did on the 2011 team that had only one real veteran.

My vote still goes for Khalid, though.

Reaction Score
Lamb played in the same backcourt with one of our greatest players ever.
Josh Boone got to play next to the best bigs in our history.
I know some tend to ignore those facts
Comparisons that don’t consider those factors are extremely unfair to players who didn’t get the same benefit.
Those guys became excellent complementary players to our grest stars but neither came close to carrying a team , like Bouk or Sonogo.
Well, Boone as a freshman did a lot of his damage when Emeka got hurt. So I think you are half right, but Boone on his own was amazing that year when Emeka was either out in a handful of games or was otherwise playing hurt.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
What's crazier to consider is that Lamb didnt even get many minutes early in the year. He barely played in Maui.
His rapid maturation in 1 year was incredible.

Reaction Score
I remember Dyson being pretty good freshman year, having to step up on a team that didnt really come into its own till much later. That team was young, lot of talent left after that 05-06 team. This was the blurb about him from the uconnhuskies site:

1643644443118.png

Reaction Score
Caron Butler

He just didn't have Kemba Walker

15.3 PPG
7.6 RPG
if caron had won a chip then sure he'd be #1 but stats dont equate to significance. cant beat a chip.

Reaction Score
People already forgot Brimah
No Brimah no NC
Three point play or gone
His defense allowed us to unleash our guards. He was a huge part of that team.

Reaction Score
Khalid El-Amin had the biggest impact as a freshman and it's not close.
how is being the second best player on an elite 8 team more significant than lamb's role as the second best player on a chip team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom