Jeremy Lamb again... | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...back to the D-League. The Thunder box score for last night's game listed Lamb as inactive...because he was in Iowa! Jeez, flew in, suited up and dropped in 30 pts (12-18), 9 rebounds, 8 assists. When he gets his nba chance he's gonna be just fine.

BTW you can now watch the entire game on the D-League game recap page.

Game recap.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
He's in the worst and best situation. Learn and watch on one of the top teams in the league but you won't play. He's red shirting in the Pro's.

Reaction Score
He's in a great situation, he's on the best team learning from a true pro in Durant. The Thunder are a class organization and they love Lamb, he will be a big part of their future.

Reaction Score
Lamb will more than likely have Martin's role next year. Maybe even at the trade deadline. It would be interesting to see if the Thunder want to get a big at the deadline. Maybe Paul Millsap or Cousins?

Reaction Score
I'm one of the biggest Lamb fans their is and I really liked what he saw. It seemed like he had a killer instinct. When the fans were chanting air ball and he hit the three then gave the crowd a kiss. Then when he would make a three he would put his three fingers in the air. Then he was taking shots down the stretch and had the ball in his hands to make a play at the end. He was also rebounding the ball well. Some were easy but he had to fight for some and he didnt rebound much last year. You can say that he is the best player on this team and that's what they want him to do but the same was the case last year. You didn't see that in him last year when he was the best player on the team then. He just seemed different if you ask me.

Reaction Score
He's in the worst and best situation. Learn and watch on one of the top teams in the league but you won't play. He's red shirting in the Pro's.

And proving that he doesn't belong. Seriously, the D-League is out of his league. He looks better than 99% of D-Leaguers.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I watched some of his summer league games and the footage that's posted. OKC will be good for a long time.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Can't blame him for his decision to turn pro last year from a financial perspective, but I can't help but think that he would be learning to dominate if he had stayed this year. Hope,it still all works out for him in the end.

He actually played PG much of the game and showed an improved handle and some very good passes!

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for his decision to turn pro last year from a financial perspective, but I can't help but think that he would be learning to dominate if he had stayed this year. Hope,it still all works out for him in the end.

He seems to be doing just fine in his situation. Being in the D league seems like it's much more a product of Kevin Martin being ahead of him than him not being ready or capable of playing in the NBA. I'm guessing he takes on a significant role next season.

caw

Reaction Score
It seems like the Thunder have been shuttling him back and forth so he can get some playing time. It's a pretty good option considering he needs some time to gain muscle and get used to the NBA game. Practicing with the Thunder then playing/dominating with the 66ers shows he is picking things up. He does appear to be in their long-term plans.

With Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka all so young, plus Lamb and Jones III they have a lot of long-term potential. Not to mention they get their pick (#30?), the Bobcats second rounder (#32) and possibly Toronto's first rounder (if #4-#14, Toronto currently has #7) this year. They could pick up one of Muhammad, Noel, Zeller, Len, McLemore, Austin, Bennett or someone else if the Toronto pick stays where it is. They have some really good management.

Reaction Score
Arguably with a very thin draft class this year he could have made up the $2M in the first year of his contract. Problem with that would have been playing under the radar screen - but as we know with some draft picks less exposure can be beneficial versus over-exposure.

It was most likely time for him to move on and it would have been a problematic and difficult adjustment if Jeremy stayed at UConn. I think he made the right decision, just has had bad luck strictly in terms of PT for this year. If you are a basketball player I think playing basketball games is where you derive the most pleasure. He would have got more time on the floor and in front of much bigger crowds at UConn. If he's staying positive and enjoying the money and the learning process I doubt he regrets leaving college, probably just misses it. Hopefully he sticks to a work ethic and the confidence mentioned in this thread. He is going to need it as getting labeled in the NBA definitely happens and even though he's on a great team he's got a bit of an uphill battle. Some sort of break where he makes the playoff roster could turn the entire year into a +.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like how for the most part the announcer seems bored when Jeremy scores. It is almost like it's expected.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lamb got thrown into such a horrible situation.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You don't have to wait for the recap. You can watch all D-League games live. They stream them directly on their website.

caw

Reaction Score
I hope this is sarcasm

All depends on how you look at it.

If you want him to have instant impact, play for a team going nowhere and bring some ROY voting, it's a horrible situation.

If you think he has a chance to make a ton of money, learn the game and be the future starting two guard for a team that could win multiple rings then it's a great situation.

Basically, he has zero hype right now, could be in the best situation of any other lottery pick from 2013, but he won't ever be considered the best player on his team (if he stays on OKC).

Reaction Score
WOW. Those Tulsa 66ers are loaded with some Big East legends. Chris Quinn, Hollis Thompson, and Andy Rautins. Cant forget J Lamb but he wont be there much longer unlike the rest of those guys i mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom