Jennifer loses a special assistant at GDub | The Boneyard

Jennifer loses a special assistant at GDub

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I saw a mention in the morning paper that Jen's husband is not going to return to his job as assistant
this coming year. He will be a 'stay-at-home' dad. When they were at UHart both his and her parents
could help with the kids....not the situation down in DC.

Hmmm...I assume her salary at GDub is more than at UHart...but you would think this would lead to
their yearly income going south.

I would think Jen would be pursuing for his replacement someone with great ties in recruiting
the area from Jersey thru Philly to northern Virginia

Hmmm #2: sounds like she might welcome some advice from our own Cocohusky.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I suspect she is earning more at GW than the combined salary of the two of them at UHart - it is a significant step up for her. I think UHart treated her well, but suspect the assistant coaches were not being paid much at either school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Off the top of my dome, here are couple of gems that will fit the bill because they have all been college assistant coaches already.
Bridgette Mitchell: Former MacDonalds AA, Philly Belles, Played HS basketball in NJ, Played at Duke under GG and JPM was last on staff at Sienna.
Christina Foggie: Currently an assistant at St. Joseph, From NJ, played AAU in Philly area for Fencor and shared the backcourt with Jasmine Lister at Vandy.
Dara Taylor: Currenty an assistant at Wagner, from Delaware, played with the Philly Belles, played at Maryland before transferring to Penn State.
Laura Harper: Former Philly Belles, National Champion at MD, Assistant coach at Loyola of MD.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Off the top of my dome, here are couple of gems that will fit the bill because they have all been college assistant coaches already.
Bridgette Mitchell: Former MacDonalds AA, Philly Belles, Played HS basketball in NJ, Played at Duke under GG and JPM was last on staff at Sienna.
Christina Foggie: Currently an assistant at St. Joseph, From NJ, played AAU in Philly area for Fencor and shared the backcourt with Jasmine Lister at Vandy.
Dara Taylor: Currenty an assistant at Wagner, from Delaware, played with the Philly Belles, played at Maryland before transferring to Penn State.
Laura Harper: Former Philly Belles, National Champion at MD, Assistant coach at Loyola of MD.
One Addition.
Liz Leer Currently an assistant at Iona played college basketball at American University in DC, from the Philly burbs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Mitchell is at James Madison now.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Laura Harper went to Florida.

Interesting tidbit about Harper--she is well respected in the AAU circuit. She should help recruiting in Gainesville.

Reaction Score
I suspect she is earning more at GW than the combined salary of the two of them at UHart - it is a significant step up for her. I think UHart treated her well, but suspect the assistant coaches were not being paid much at either school.

Definitely true on all counts.

Reaction Score

Harper was on Jen's staff at GWU this past season after coaching a couple of years at High Point. She recently moved on to Florida. Hasn't been at Loyola for over three years.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
no solid answer on the spouses working together thing?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
no solid answer on the spouses working together thing?

Isnt the Hartford head coach's husband an assistant coach? I know they were both on the staff as assistants at UVA

Reaction Score
Isnt the Hartford head coach's husband an assistant coach? I know they were both on the staff as assistants at UVA

Yes, Kim and Cory McNeill. Cory McNeill was at Georgetown when they had a run of good teams under Terry Williams-Flournoy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I know it's ok in Hartford (Ct) cause Jen did it but I recall that situationship could be a problem in other states

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reminder: New Hampshire's head coach is Maureen Magarity...daughter of Army's Dave Magarity.
Her husband...Brendan Copes....is an assistant for the team. Brendan has a strong basketball background...played at Marist and coached high school ball in Jersey.
Plus...he is a local....played at Windsor Locks High.

Reaction Score
I think spouses can't work together
There have been several husband wife coaching teams in wcbb.
San Francisco, which had a surprising run to the sweet 16 about 20 years ago, had co-coaches I believe.

Reaction Score
Phoenix Mercury coach Sandy Brondello has been assistant coach to her husband, Olaf Lange, in Russia (DT's & Griner's team) during the regular basketball season. This is going to end, as Brondello has been appointed Australia's national team coach for the 2020 Olympic cycle and will only have time for that and the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom