Jeff Jacobs: With no football regret, UConn’s Benedict looks cautiously toward basketball season. | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: With no football regret, UConn’s Benedict looks cautiously toward basketball season.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<<

>>...So, Mr. AD, you think college basketball — the real season in Connecticut — will go much more smoothly around the nation?

“No, I don’t actually,” Benedict said. “I think the basketball season is going to be challenged, because the guidance that’s coming out from the NCAA in football if you have a positive test you’re not necessarily shutting down the entire team. Contract tracing isn’t necessarily going to trace back to all 100 kids. Whereas in basketball, the recommendation right now is if you have one positive you basically have to shut down the entire team for two weeks. If that happens to you twice, you could lose close to a month.”<<

>>“I think the early part of the season will go smoother,” Benedict said. “You’re going to have empty campuses. It minimizes the opportunities for your kids to be impacted. There’s no one around but themselves for the most part. That will be helpful. “But when everyone comes back for second semester and everyone is coming from home? Depending on what the virus is like, it’s going to be the same thing we experienced coming back from the summer where everyone had to manage the initial hit with kids.”<<

Reaction Score
One positive test and the whole team has to sit out for 2 weeks? That seems like it could cause a lot of problems...games getting cancelled etc

Reaction Score
This reinforces the idea of getting as many games done before spring semester

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And need to win as many games early due to the unknowns down the road. There could be a situation where teams do not have equal games played in conference.... perhaps.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom