Jeff Jacobs: With Jalen Adams remaining at UConn, Dan Hurley secures his most important recruit | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: With Jalen Adams remaining at UConn, Dan Hurley secures his most important recruit

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Not really a good look to go after CV as he did. Yes, we all know the likely outcome of this but no one would have faulted him taking a summer internship with a paper that possibly would have hired him prior to the end of school so let CV run through the process and we'll see how it shakes out.

The whole "Get off my lawn" old school logic about CV from the beat guys gets old. Universally, he's thought of as a bright, well-mannered kid....I'll take 100 guys with his combination of off-court work ethic and on-court fire.

Reaction Score
Not really a good look to go after CV as he did. Yes, we all know the likely outcome of this but no one would have faulted him taking a summer internship with a paper that possibly would have hired him prior to the end of school so let CV run through the process and we'll see how it shakes out.

The whole "Get off my lawn" old school logic about CV from the beat guys gets old. Universally, he's thought of as a bright, well-mannered kid....I'll take 100 guys with his combination of off-court work ethic and on-court fire.
Not to derail the thread from JA, but while Jacobs was harsh, it's not unwarranted considering the message CV sent over the weekend and the quotes from DH. These two things don't quite add up to a situation where a coach and the player are on the same page to getting feedback from NBA folks with no real possibility of staying in the draft then coming back and working on it at school. It sounds a LOT more like a kid who wants to declare with the very real possibility of staying in, for whatever legitimate personal or family reasons, and a coach who very obviously thinks it's a bad idea. It says a lot that Jalen didn't take the same declare and not hire an agent route, when he would've gotten many more workout invites and gotten a lot more potential feedback than CV.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Come on Jeff...what's your handle?
It's probably best we don't know but that would be a funny thread: "Which poster do you think is Some Guy and why?" The guy I would nominate would would have a multiple post melt over it though.

Reaction Score

On a team where you only had three contributors and the other two were bodies I was amazed to the degree Boneyarders picked on the three when obviously the problem was coming up with a little better balance.
That screams I really know nothing about basketball
Even the meme of Larrier’s lack of a handle is suspect when you consider that not many
6’8”guys could put the ball on the floor against the defenses employed against us because of lack of options..
Then when that same guy goes to the next level and is playing against spread D’s His handle miraculously become competent ,these same guys are amazed. SMH
On a basketball team there are 5 guys ,if two of those guys can be totally ignored
than the other three end up with all the attention. That’s not good.
Playing 5v3 is not much fun for the 3.
Did Ollie make a mistake ? I thought the team was dead unless we came up with another shooter. I think the early blowout losses after Gilbert’s injury.,caused him to obsess on the D when finding the correct offensive chemistry would have actually translated into improved D.
Gilbert was a superstar defender whose on ball harassment not only prevented teams from running their offense,but hid an overall lack of team D .
Arksansas exsposed this and Ollie became obsessed. He needed the kids left to bust their butt on team D to be effective. Kids will continue to do this unless they are frustrated by lack of offensive success.
So to my mind finding the third option was key ,take heat off the three ,spread the D which even makes post entry possible and levels the playing field .
Kids will play a lot harder and longer on defense if they know that a stop will likely result in points for them. The D was never going to be great but intensity hides a lot of weakness.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jalen only needs to average about 12 a game to crack our top 10 scoring list. And about 30 to be all time leader. You said you wanted to leave a legacy!

Wow Some Guy, tell us how you really feel about CV.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jalen only needs to average about 12 a game to crack our top 10 scoring list. And about 30 to be all time leader. You said you wanted to leave a legacy!

Wow Some Guy, tell us how you really feel about CV.

If Jalen actually averages 30ppg next year, he's winning the wooden award and probably would be in the Huskies of Honor, That's quite a stretch. I think he can be very special next year w/ Hurley. But 30ppg? That would be incredible

Reaction Score
Good post by Jacobs. He was a tad bit harsh on CV. But... you know the saying.... "truth hurts". CV is an asset to this team. Under Hurley he will be guided in the right direction. If he decides not to return we know what that means. Hope to have you back CV.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Meanwhile in Delusionville" has Fishy's footprint all over it.

Fishy wouldn't have written all of those columns about searching for the ConFLiCT trophy without promising to incinerate it at least once per.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fishy wouldn't have written all of those columns about searching for the ConFLiCT trophy without promising to incinerate it at least once per.
Fishy should get royalties from Some Guy.

Reaction Score
CV is plenty talented to be a big contributor to this team. Hurley didn't mince words about Jalen's 3 pt % and shooting so I hope he takes it to heart.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll take 100 guys with his combination of off-court work ethic and on-court fire.

That's not enough. If one doesn't channel what you call "off-court work ethic and on-court fire" into the team concept it's no help. If he has that fire I don't understand why Vital wouldn't look forward to the competition for PT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom