Jeff Jacobs: With Big 12 Calling, Pasqualoni Era Should Be In Distant Past | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: With Big 12 Calling, Pasqualoni Era Should Be In Distant Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Agree with most of the column. Exception would be getting Senator lawsuit involved. The man still has no idea how much damage he did. And he has the nerve to show up at the parades
AT THE TIME it was the right thing to do.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
He takes a lot of crap here, but Jacobs is usually right. And he's right here: this may be the last train out of town and the entire state needs to do what it can in the next few months.

I'll do my part. I live in Dallas and have no chance of going to a home game. Even so, I'll buy one season ticket and possibly two. If we had all 40, 000 seats sold for each game, we'd be a lock for the Big 12.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Football season tickets and mini plans should be on any willing and able UConn fan/alumni to-do list this summer. The Big 12 is, without a doubt, a football first conference. Not quite SEC, but certainly football first. It is much more difficult for UConn to talk about its strengths when there are 30,000 (or less) in the stands. Things like football attendance absolutely matter to the B12. The casual UConn fan is needed back at the Rent now more than ever.

Circle the dog sleds back to PAWSARF.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Football season tickets and mini plans should be on any willing and able UConn fan/alumni to-do list this summer. The Big 12 is, without a doubt, a football first conference. Not quite SEC, but certainly football first. It is much more difficult for UConn to talk about its strengths when there are 30,000 (or less) in the stands. Things like football attendance absolutely matter to the B12. The casual UConn fan is needed back at the Rent now more than ever.

Circle the dog sleds back to PAWSARF.

Reaction Score
You nailed it as usual. I have been saying for years that perception is everything. All I got was garbage about not driving in two inches of snow or the expense of season tickets. For years I have driven an older car and did without a smartphone until the kids demanded them. My point is I found a way. If I couldn't afford both hoops and football one year, I would but a mini package or single games. I donated a ticket to the fiesta bowl, etc. time to stand up or join the ranks of mid-major forever

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not really. He has a history of press conferences to boost his own career
Which is different from every politician ever... how?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Valid point but Blumie is in a league of his own. He loves the cameras and does not think about the consequences. A good politician would have known if this was a good idea or not

Pandering to your constituents can be an inexact science.

Reaction Score
I hate when writers ( journalists?) write things, that have not even investigated or thought through. Pasqualoni is not in the distant past he is the shadow that has followed the football team around for a few years now. Hope he can be in the forgotten past this year when they really become Diaco's team.

Why do people keep mentioning all the travel for the BigXll teams when fb and Bb teams each only make 1 (one) trip north to UConn, which they can tie in with a trip to WV? Uconn would be doing most of the traveling south for most of the games.

Who are all these people who post those stupid remarks in the comment section? Hope they are not UConn fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom