Jeff Jacobs: Well-traveled Zavier Scott settles in as UConn’s starting running back | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Well-traveled Zavier Scott settles in as UConn’s starting running back

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: Well-traveled Zavier Scott settles in as UConn’s starting running back

>>Edsall’s depth chart could change next week. With this young a team, he said, it could change mid-game. He also began piecing together what he likes so much about Scott, who has moved from wide receiver to running back this season.

“Zavier is an every-down back,” Edsall said. “He gives you everything he has got all the time. He’s on our leadership council. He’s a leader. He’s very, very prideful. He wants to be the best he can be and he does it every day. He’s still learning. He’ll continue to get better and better.

“He reminds me of some of those guys we had here before, running backs, in terms of what we think he’s capable of doing. And he can do it all downs.” <<

Reaction Score
Who knows? It would be great if he could generate a few first downs and keep their D off balance with his quickness. Offense will be very interesting if we can block this year.

Reaction Score
Oooo ... Diaco. Let me count the ways I miss you.

"missing Civil ConFLicCT Trophy.

Or as they say in Germany, the “Burgerkriegstrophae.”

Scott, whose dad’s in the army, was playing high school football in Vilseck, Germany at the height of Bob Diaco’s rivalry-in-his-own-mind. We wondered what the chatter was about the Burgerkriegstrophae in northeastern Bavaria.""

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom