Jeff Jacobs: UConn's Game Against East Carolina Is 'A Reality Check' | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn's Game Against East Carolina Is 'A Reality Check'

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Jacobs's comment "...reality check games such as this will determine if they can be the 5-7 team many hope or the 2-10 team others fear" really hit home for me.

Glad to hear Edsall say "With some of these guys … it might be too much. So now you have to cut back on what you do. We'll do less as long as we can play faster."

Junior Joseph is always a great interview... I'm convinced he, as well as the other seniors on the defense, will have the whole unit motivated, communicating and just playing better in general. Let's get some payback for last year!

Reaction Score
Sounds like Edsall is exerting some directional control over the D, which is what a good leader does. Can't leave it to Crocker having created the worst D in the nation. Needs to be reigned in and held accountable for lack of lack of teaching, base execution and player readiness in his scheme. Simplify. Reinforce and reinforce until its second nature until the players are free from analysis paralysis.

Compare that to what Lashlee is doing. He is transforming and brining an O back from the dead. Coaching matters. Glad Edsall is in charge. He won't tolerate this defensive failure for long.

Reaction Score
The D is going to take awhile. We need a lot more of the athletes required for this D. Edsall getting involved is fine but I hope Edsall gives Crocker the time he needs. We suck but this isn't an impossible task. Can't wait to lose my voice again tomorrow Go Huskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom